To be responsible for managing the mental health needs of individuals referred to the team and to lead in the development and implementation of therapeutic interventions to address those needs.
You will be a Registered Mental Health Nurse, ideally with previous experience of working in community mental health services. The role will involve assessing and formulating individual intervention plans and outcome measures for adults with mental health problems.
You will also have up to date knowledge of NHS policies and practices in mental health.
The successful applicant will have previous experience of a range of therapeutic interventions and psychotropic medications. You will have proven ability to work with partner agencies, able to lead projects and motivate people to deliver them. You will have excellent communication skills with a flexible approach.
The team is committed to provide safe, sound and supportive services. You will receive regular supervision, with opportunities to develop clinical and professional practice in line with service users' needs and organisational values.
Main duties of the job
As part of the significant investment to transform community mental health services across the Black Country, we are looking to recruit 7, Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurses within the Community Recovery Service (CRS) Dudley South team based at Halesview in Halesowen.
You will be part of a dynamic, supportive and diverse multi-disciplinary team. Your role will include working as a Care Coordinator where you will have responsibility for managing a caseload of service users with mental health needs who have been referred to the team. As part of the role you also be involved in working on the duty system.
The post holder will report directly to the Team Manager and will work in partnership with members of the multi-disciplinary team consisting of Occupational Therapist, Community Psychiatric Nurses and Support Workers.
In the absence of the Team Manager, the job holder will report to the Clinical Lead/Community Operational Manager
Job description Job responsibilities
- Ensure the care of patients is assessed and planned by self and other nurses according to the patients individual needs.
- Work as a member of the multi-disciplinary/agency, providing a nursing contribution to the teams functioning.
- Participate in the triage system demonstrating skills of assessment and interpretation of complex arising issues.
- To provide Triage cover as required.
- Apply appropriate skills of prioritization, decision making and in planning and implementing interventions taking account of clinical risk factors and personal safety.
- Apply assessment, interpretation and judgment skills in assessing and managing clinical risks.
- Manage a defined caseload fulfilling the role of care co-ordinator and controlling entry and discharge to and from the caseload.
- In collaboration with service users develop and maintain packages of care formulated to meet their individual mental health needs.
- Encourage service user and carer involvement in all aspects of assessing, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
- Undertake carers assessment where necessary.
- Delegate, oversee and monitor care provided by support staff to ensure required standards are maintained and delivered.
- Ensure care packages are regularly reviewed and evaluated under the Care Programme Approach framework.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary ward reviews.
- Liaise with statutory and non-statutory agencies to provide holistic care related to service user choice...
- Provide specialist information, education and advice within the primary care setting including information regarding resources within the local area.
- Provide clinical support based upon professional registration e.g. Medication monitoring and participation in clinics, AMHP role
- Recognize and respect the rights of the service user and the care provided.
- Ensure the service meets the needs of the service user cultural/religious beliefs, recognizing the personal preferences of the patients and identify any unmet needs.
- Encourage service users to maintain personal contacts.
- Compiles reports for various legal processes in relation to the MHA 1983.
- To support Mental Health Act Assessments with the appropriate members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team/General Practitioner.
- Compiles and submits Social Service Panel Reports for service users requiring nursing/residential home placement.
Person Specification Essential & Desirable Essential
- Entry on a Register held by Nursing Midwifery Council(Sub Part 1 RN3, Registered Nurse Mental Health)
- Experience of working in the community mental health services
- Experience of using a range of therapeutic interventions in a mental health context
- Experience of managing and organising own workload
- Post Registration experience within mental health
- Specialist skills in assessing and formulating individual intervention plans and outcome measures for adults with mental health problems
- Knowledge of Psychotropic medications
- IT skills
- Knowledge of CPA
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical governance and its application
- Post graduate training relevant to Mental Health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.