Occupational Therapists Band:
£25,655 - £31,534 Hours:
full time 37.5 (working hours differ between services, some 7 day working and shift patterns) flexible working options can be supported on discussion Location
: Community Hospitals and various bases in North Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent
MPFT are offering Occupational Therapy rotational opportunities for newly registered and/or currently practicing OTs within a wide range of community services. We are renowned for being an innovative and forward thinking organisation with an ever expanding portfolio of services. This means we offer our employees genuine career development opportunities through gaining experience across a number of specialisms. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will offer you all the support you need and help you achieve your career aspirations.
Our teams of experienced Occupational Therapists, Assistant Practitioners, Assistants and Therapy Support workers provide multidisciplinary services to adults with a range of conditions across the different specialities. A portfolio of the services and development opportunities is available on request. Rotations include:
D2A Services (Hospital and Community), Rehabilitation Medicine, Stroke Rehabilitation (Hospital and Community), Home First, Community OT and Specialist Falls Rehabilitation Service.
All post holders will rotate between posts with length of rotations dependent on joining date, service needs and individual personal development needs. Some community working services require a valid driving licence and access to transport as an essential requirement.
In joining our teams you will be influential in supporting both in-patient, outpatient and community services with a strong focus on rehabilitation, education and prevention, and self-management / lifestyle advice for long term conditions. Our aim is to to maximise function, prevent deterioration and ensure both safe discharge and/or follow up in the community with short & longer term rehabilitation programmes ensuring adaptation to life changes. We welcome new ideas and as a member of our team you will be encouraged to play an active role in service development and invest in the future of our services. We are looking for enthusiastic Occupational Therapists with:
Keen interest and/or experience of working in rehabilitation services and can demonstrate a strong understanding and vision of specialist therapy and service needs
Proactive in developing sound clinical skills in the assessment and management of patients in the rehabilitation and/or community environment
A strong commitment to developing self and supporting others is essential as is a strong commitment to working in and supporting a team We can offer:
- Friendly, supportive and well experienced clinical teams who are passionate about Occupational Therapy and rehabilitation
- Access to established Preceptorship programme and clear mentorship from peers and clinical teams
- Promotion of Trust values and behaviours and OT Code of Ethics through regular individual; peer and safeguarding supervision in line with your development programme and annual appraisal
- Development of your clinical skills through practical application, supervision, training and networking opportunities with In-service training an essential component for continued professional development
- Development of clinical networks across the Trust/local rehabilitation services including voluntary and statutory agencies
- Clear clinical, professional and managerial working structure with support from AHP professional and clinical leadership teams
- A strong rehabilitation research culture within the Trust and local rehabilitation pathway
If this all sounds like something you would like to be a part of and would like any further general information about the roles or a copy of the portfolio, please contact: Haywood Hospital services
: margurite.o’firstname.lastname@example.org Community Integrated Occupational Therapy (Health and Social Care)
email@example.com North Falls Service:
firstname.lastname@example.org Rehabilitation Medicine
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.