We are looking for enthusiastic and creative Physiotherapists to work in our Inpatient units within Mental Health Services for Older People in Hertfordshire. The contract will be 12 month fixed term, but we anticipate long term need for this role.
A full or part-time positions for HCPC registered Physiotherapists with an interest in working in mental health services. The successful candidate will work as an influential and integral member of a diverse multi-disciplinary team and will join the growing Physiotherapy service. This is an inpatient role for a band 5, 6 or 7 Physiotherapist.
Working closely with the Head Physiotherapist to support your development, you will be a valued part of a Multi-disciplinary team providing specialist physiotherapy assessment and intervention. A passion for working with older people in this varied and interesting role is essential.
We have units in Hemel Hempstead, Radlett, St Albans, Stevenage and Hertford. We can adapt work locations, work days and hours (school hours possible) to support your circumstances. Our inpatient services include:
- Functional frail Assessment and treatment unit
- Organic Assessment and Treatment Units
- Continuing Healthcare Dementia Units
Main duties of the job
Key aspects of the role will include promoting independence, increasing functional capacity, supporting discharge transitions and influencing health and well-being in order to help individuals rebuild and manage their lives. Interventions delivered will include a range of individual treatment and group sessions. You will have a role in health promotion and be a key player in falls prevention strategies within the service. Our aim is to bring Physiotherapy to Service Users in a fun and engaging way and you will be able to use your creativity to do this.
This post will suit you if you would like to try something new and different, have empathy with people who have mental health conditions and/or dementia, would like to enjoy your work and would like to learn how to motivate people with challenging health conditions. We are a really supportive AHP team that work across the Trust and you would have many CPD opportunities and AHP colleagues to work with.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission
, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...
Job description Job responsibilities
As a Physiotherapist in Older Peoples Mental Health Services you would:
- Be offered a structured induction program, giving you access to specific learning to give you the confidence and skills to carry out role
- Be part of a Physiotherapy team.
- Receive regular clinical supervision and support and be actively encouraged to participate in continuing professional development.
- Be part of an MDT that values and respects Physiotherapy
- Access development opportunities
- Access specific Older Peoples CPD opportunities
- You wouldbe part of a Physiotherapy network across of our Mental Health and Learning Disability services.
- Work autonomously and be able to use your creative skills.
- Youll be an important part of an innovative, creative and developing service. We are committed to a future where we use continuous quality improvement to harness your ideas for service development and make them a reality.
At HPFT we also offer:
- Paid opportunities for Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists Returning to Practice after a break or for those wanting to expand their experience into a new field of practice.
- Full time or part time working opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
- Paid work opportunities for Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy students
- Opportunities for Apprenticeships
As well as carrying a clinical caseload you will be responsible for the supervision of band 4 Physiotherapy Assistant Therapy Practitioners.
Please see attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Physiotherapy Degree
- HCPC registration
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and associated packages
- Evidence of relevant post grad training
- Membership of CSP, including specialist section (CPMH)
- First line management training
- Practice Placement training
- Broad base of clinical experience
- Post registration experience in relevant clinical setting
- Applied experience of providing both individual and group work interventions.
- Documented evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience in providing advice, support and clinical supervision to junior staff and/or students
- Experience of working with people with mental health conditions and/or learning disability in a variety of health and social care settings
- Previous experience of having worked at Band 6 level
- Experience in research or audit
- Experience of working with older people
Physical skills Essential
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.