*Previous applicants not need apply* **ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE (ts&cs apply)** *A generous relocation package* *£10K Retention Pay Premia*
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved anOUTSTANDING CQC RATING
and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home.
Main duties of the job
HPFT are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our CAMHS team based in Hoddesdon / Bishops Stortford.
The Hoddesdon and Bishops Stortford CAMHS Clinics are part of the East Herts Quadrant for Community CAMHS Clinics of which the teams work alongside colleagues in Welwyn Garden City clinics to form the East Herts quadrant.
The successful applicant will work alongside 2 substantive consultants and 3 specialty doctors in the East CAMHS Team, it is a busy team covering 3 sites, and the team works on an outpatient model and currently receives approximately 60-70 referrals per month.
The post is a generic Tier 3 CAMHS clinic dealing with diagnosis and management of mental health presentations for 0 - 17 (inclusive) year old young people in the locality.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
**Please note due to COVID related delays the Job Description is pending approval by the Royal College of Psychiatry. Once approved the final Job Description will be shared with shortlisted candidates**
About us Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Access to a state-of-the-art Simulation Training Facility including opportunities to join the Multidisciplinary Simulation Faculty
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible APAs to seek development opportunities in service development/ management / Simulation Training /working with Community Transformation Projects
- Dedicated SPA time in Job Plan
- Generous relocation package up to £7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Job description Job responsibilities
Some of the duties include (but not exclusive to):
- To work closely with the multidisciplinary team and other agencies in health and social care as appropriate.
- To have responsibility for assessing a young persons mental state, formulating a diagnosis, advising on treatment and monitoring the risks a young person poses, alongside the MDT
- To undertake referral meetings, case reviews as required.
- To provide opportunities for case based discussion and teaching to the MDT.
- To write letters and communications to General Medical practitioners and other professionals as required.
- To participate in various medical staff meetings within the Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as necessary.
- To perform duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances in consultation with senior and junior colleagues.
Person Specification Professional Qualifications Essential
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Certificate of completion of Specialist Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (or within 3 months)
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Essential
- Section 12 Approval / Approved Clinician Status (Candidates from abroad can apply for this within 3 months of taking up post)
- Broad range of experience in psychiatric practice and in the use of psychological therapies.
- Experience and competencies in assessing, and treating children and adolescents with complex mental health needs and their families. It is expected a high level skills in liaison with and consultancy to multiagency settings.
- Willingness and ability to work with others to achieve shared goals.
- Previous experience of working in a child and adolescent service.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge of Safeguarding in child and adolescent mental health particularly in this group of young people.
- IT Skills
- Formal training in management and administration
- Participated in research and published papers and original work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in Organising Educational activities
- Experience of service quality monitoring (e.g. clinical audit, evaluative research etc.)
- Ability to critically appraise research findings
Personal Abilities Essential
- Ability to work with young people whose behaviour is personally challenging.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships and boundaries with young people
- Ability to contribute to a working environment which contributes to young people's healthy development.
- Ability to think clearly and express self.
- Ability to assess reports and clinical information and provide clear and concise information tailored for different audiences.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
Other Requirements Essential
- Car Driver (unless you have a disability as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.