Wessex House are seeking a Registered Mental Health Nurse to join us in supporting young people in our CAMHS Inpatient Ward. This is a great opportunity to become part of a well-established team and work hand in hand with other professionals to deliver high-quality care.
We know that working on a Child & Adolescent Mental Health Inpatient ward can be challenging, but with the right team around you, you can make a real difference to young people at a crucial stage of their lives.
Wessex House is an innovative and supportive place to work, offering care for up to 12 young people between the age of 13 and 18 who require support for complex mental health needs. You will play a valuable role in the recovery of the young people, working closely with them and their families and contributing to the assessment, planning and implementation of treatment plans. We are proud to have become the first CAMHS inpatient unit in the South West to achieve fully accredited status from the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCP) in March 2020.
Main duties of the job
We can offer you a positive and supportive environment to work with excellent support from your manager and colleagues. We are also able to provide you with further development opportunities to enable you to progress to a future band 6 role should one become available.
We have a recovery focussed approach on the ward and you'll play a valuable role in working with young people and their families towards discharge.
Our main therapy model is Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and there potential for you to become involved in this programme and access further specialist training. You will also take part in a variety of therapeutic activities with young people, related to their care plans. The hours are worked on a rolling shift pattern which covers a 24 hour service, 7 days a week.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
- As a member of the nursing team the post holder will play a contributory role in facilitating the health and well-being of service users.
- The post holder will be working as part of the CAMHS multi-disciplinary team, working with a recovery focused approach. His/her assessments/interventions will be a key component of the overall care plan for the young person
- Act as the key worker for young people open in inpatients facility, working collaboratively with the young people, their families, Care Coordinator and wider care team.
- Work with a high risk client group who have severe mental health problems, dealing with severely challenging behaviour on occasions and respond to emergency situations.
Please see the attached job description for full responsibilities.
Person Specification Essential Essential
- .Appropriately registered with the NMC as per post requirements
- .Recognised professional qualification in mental health nursing.
- .Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- oUnderstanding of relevant legislation and policies relating to children and young people (e.g. Children's Act, MentalHealth Act, Safeguarding, NSF, Every Child Matters etc)
- .Ability to work independently in lone working situations
- .Ability to work under pressure in a demanding clinical environment
- .Ability to recognise and manage challenging situations in a calm and professional manner
- .Degree in Mental Health Nursing
- .Understanding of the wide range of evidence based treatment/therapeutic interventions CBT, DBT
- .Experience of working with children and young people
- .Knowledge and understanding of mental health disorders in children and young people, and their impact on both the client group and their families/carers
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.