Are you interested in developing your career? Come along to our range of Open Days at Barnet, Enfield, and Haringey Mental Health Trust on to find out about the exciting roles availableand talk to #TeamBEH.
10-October at St. Ann's Hospital, Tottenham N15 3TH
Or come to our Patient Information Day, find out about our vacancies and learn about our new transformation of services for the local community.
30-September at Hornsey Vale Community Centre, Mayfield Road, N8 9LP
This is a new role created to help us deliver our plans to transform our community mental health services, as part of the NHS Long Term Plan. The transformation of our community mental health services will lead to truly integrated health and social care for adults in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey who have serious mental illness.
Our transformation plans are supported by £25m in funding and will mean the roll-out over the next three years of multi-disciplinary teams of experts working within the new Primary Care Networks and offering wraparound, holistic care to our service users and wider community. Our aim is to support the whole person as they live with, or recover from, mental illness and to offer them support with other challenges they may face, such as debt, relationship problems, housing, education or training. We will also focus resources on reaching those who currently face obstacles in getting the help they need.
Main duties of the job
Carry overall responsibility for the management of a caseload acting as a rehabilitation co-ordinator /care manager, as defined by the Care Programme Approach and other government and local directives. Ensure care is carried out effectively within a multidisciplinary framework and in collaboration with other agencies. Maintain contact with clients on their caseload during periods of admission, including regular attendance on the ward. To take lead in the planning and implementation of the client's re-integration back into the community.
Provide patients and their carers with a service that is culturally sensitive and gives due consideration to any special needs.Provide therapeutic interventions by means of assessment and ongoing treatment in various settings. Design care programmes in line with risk assessment and psychosocial needs.
At Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Community and Mental Health Trust our staff and service users have worked closely to create a set of values that make sure people who use our services get the best possible chance of a rapid recovery.
The Trust's values are:
- Being Positive
- Working together
By coming to work at Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust you will be joining a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for a detailed overview of the job.
Person Specification Training & Qualfiications Essential
- oRN(M) or OT Qualifications or Social Work Qualification.
- oEvidence of further post-registration education and training
- oRelevant qualification in Psychosocial Interventions for people with mental health problems
- oMinimum of 3 years post registration experience, one of which working with clients with mental health problems
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- oAbility to undertake evidence-based interventions with clients suffering from a range of mental health problems
- oAbility to undertake comprehensive risk assessment and implement risk management plans
- oUnderstanding of statutory policy relating to mental health care delivery incl. Care Programme Approach and the Mental Health Act
- oThe ability to implement clinical and line management supervision
- oAbility to work under pressure in acute situations with minimal supervision
- To demonstrate an awareness of a wide range of skills including interventions specific to this service users group e.g. Family intervention. Relapse prevention
- To be confident in undertaking and developing group work and 1:1 rehabilitation direct work
- To have a genuine interest in mental health rehabilitation
Special Requirements Essential
- oCar driver/owner
- oFull driving licence
- oAbility to work flexibly,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.