We are looking to recruit a therapist to provide expert clinical triage of therapy referrals in our East & North referral hub where all community therapy and nursing referrals are received. The role includes telephone triaging patients to establish needs and direct patients to the appropriate prevention of hospital admission or rehabilitation therapy service. You will also be providing support and information to patients and colleagues on social prescribing and self-management.
Our integrated Referral Hub team comprises of GP's, therapists, nurses and team administrators. The successful applicants will be part of an enthusiastic, patient focused team triaging patients for community therapy while working collaboratively with GP's, acute hospitals, Social care, Hospices and other third sector organisations. You will work closely with the Clinical Lead in the hub and have opportunity to triage patients with a wide range of clinical presentations. We have a well-established structure for clinical supervision and in-service training; this will provide you with fantastic opportunities to enhance your existing knowledge and skills. It will also support your clinical work and professional development.
The Triage Therapy service in the Referral Hub is currently operates 8 am to 6 pm, 7 days per week. The successful candidate will be required to join the rotational rota covering these hours.Main duties of the job
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:* The post holder will manage the triage of patients referred from a diverse, and often complex, cohort of patient types served by the ICT team, by following agreed protocols and guidelines,* Whilst using the available technology, the post holder will use effective, appropriate listening and communication skills in order to gather information, make clinical/practice decisions, create records and refer to clinical reference literature during the communication. Agreed pathways and protocols will be used to support clinical decisions* To use a multi-skilled approach to respond to all enquirers to the Service.About us
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
- You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
- We put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities
- Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
- We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds
- We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply now
- You've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:* To act as an autonomous therapist providing a comprehensive telephone screening and triage service to patients, carers and their referrers resulting in a safe and appropriate clinical decision.* To facilitate the provision of accurate health & social care information, self-care /improvement advice and allocating visits on therapy staff ledgers, in order to meet the holistic and therapeutic requirements of the patients* To provide clinical/practice advice and some supervision to colleagues supporting the single point of contact process
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Relevant clinical qualification either occupational therapist or physiotherapist.
- Registration with Health and Care Professions Council
- Attendance at post graduate courses
- Member of Royal College of Occupational Therapy or Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Demonstrable evidence of working in a senior clinical role at band 6 either occupational therapist or physiotherapist
- Strong post qualification experience
- Experience of working with other agencies
- Caseload management
- Health Promotion and self-management
- Team Leader or Project Lead Role
- Experience of teaching others
- You must hold a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.