The North Yorkshire and York Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Crisis Team which operates 24/7 service are looking to recruit two band 5 CAMHS Crisis, Liaison and IHT clinician. Candidates will need a professional qualification in Nursing, Social Work or Occupational Therapist. This is an exciting development opportunity if you are somebody looking to progress your career with Children and young people who have mental health problems. This role will help to support the Band 6 Crisis clinician and Band 3 HCA. You will be offered a staff induction period where you will be support to build on your knowledge and skills. The team provides a supportive and nurturing environment. You will be well supported, with continuing opportunities for your on-going professional development. This is an exciting opportunity for some one to develop and progress
Main duties of the job
Our team provides 24/7 CAMHS Crisis support and intensive home treatment to young people who are experiencing mental health crisis and emotional distress. You will support the Senior Clinicians with the Assessment, review and treatment of young people with mental health problems who present in crisis. You will review the YP open to our service, and deliver Intensive Home treatment. You will be liaising with colleagues in partner agencies. You will use the CPA framework to facilitate the safe transfer of young people's care to CAMHS community team and other professionals/agencies, when they no longer require support from our service. Our CAMHS Crisis team has a very can-do attitude, with a strong work ethic.
The North Yorkshire and York (CAMHS) Crisis Team now provide a 24/7 service to young people and their families and we want to expand our team. If you have a passion and a strong interest in children and Young people as a clinical speciality and if you are committed to multidisciplinary worker then we are interested in hearing from you. The successful applicant will be expected to work shifts patterns which cover 24/7 service provision and support the team to covers the North Yorkshire and York locality. We operate out of 3 bases including York, Scarborough and Ripon; the successful candidate will get to choose there base. However, the person will be expected to travel around the locality/bases during their shift to meet the clinical demand because we function as a locality team. This post requires the candidate to have good communication skills, interpersonal skills, good time management and organization skills.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read above, refer to attached Job description and person specification criteria.
Secondments will be considered, however applicants must ensure that prior to applying they have agreement from their current line manager that they can be released on a secondment basis.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current professional registration with an approved professional body.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area.
- Working with people with mental ill health in an acute setting.
- Working in a person centred therapeutic organisation
- working in a community setting
- Working in partnership with other agencies
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Motivate and work positively and assertively with other members of the team.
- Provide effective teaching, training and clinical supervision (within agreed timescale).
- Manage own time and prioritise effectively
- Evidenced based knowledge of best practice in caring for patients in the designated field.
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice.
- Understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice.
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.