We have an exciting vacancy that has arisen for a newly qualified or early career Clinical or Counselling Psychologists within our Integrated Community Care and Recovery (ICCR) Services.
We are looking for a suitably experienced Clinical or Counselling Psychologist or equivalent applied psychological practitioner for a full-time post. Based on experience and relevant experience this post can either be offered at a Band 8a or a Band 7/ 8a Preceptorship arrangement. We would welcome applications from final year trainees in a Preceptorship arrangement.
The post-holder will be part of a multi-professional teams supporting the Transformation of our Community Services in BSMHFT as part of the NHS Long Term Plan.
The post is located in Longbridge and Yewcroft CMHT with very good access routes and free parking on site. We would welcome applications from those looking to build upon their clinical skills with a wide range of presenting difficulties post qualification (an ideal first role for consolidating clinical skills) or those with more experience who are keen to develop specialisms and greater leadership roles to make a difference in the community.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for enthusiastic, committed and skilled clinicians who can work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, to provide a range of clinical services. The individual will have excellent opportunities to gain experience of multilevel and integrated service provision and to further develop skills of complex case assessment, formulation and the application of evidence based psychological interventions, both individual and in groups. You should have experience of working with service users with complex mental health and behavioural needs; additionally to be familiar with the needs of a diverse BAME community and working in areas of high socioeconomic deprivation.
We have an established track record in service innovation supporting a diverse range of clinical and academic interest, with time for research and teaching related activities built into many of our psychological professions job plans.
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Training/qualifications Essential
- Doctoral level training in clinical or counselling psychology
- Additional qualifications in an accredited therapy
- Significant post qualification experience of specialist psychological assessment and individual and group based treatment of clients with complex difficulties across adult secondary or tertiary care settings. (for 8a post)
- Experience working in Adult Secondary or Tertiary Mental Health services (for Preceptorship)
- Experience of working with service users with personality difficulties/complex trauma/psychosis
- Experience of running group based interventions for clinical problems
- Post qualification experience and/or training in supervision
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Skills in formulation of problems from psychological perspective and implementation of interventions appropriate for use with complex presenting problems
- High level knowledge of theory and practice of at least two specialised psychological therapies
- Ability to interact with and to build an sustain relationships with people with mental health difficulties
- Experience of working closely with others in an MDT setting
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.