We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and thoughtful individual with an interest in rehabilitation and recovery to join our multi-disciplinary team. You will have excellent communication skills with a flexible and positive attitude. You should have a caring, non-judgmental, and inclusive attitude and be committed to the delivery of safe, high quality care. Experience in a secure setting would be an advantage but is not essential as we will provide you with all the training required.
Main duties of the job
You will be expected to be dynamic and committed by actively contributing to and supporting the recovery process as well as maintaining the high standards of patient care whilst working within a safe, secure and supportive environment.
You will assist our dedicated members of the MDT in implementing and evaluating individual care plans by working alongside the patient to support their recovery journey. Your duties will also include actively supporting individual clients in engaging with their local community and reducing social isolation.
Glyme ward is a 17-bedded Medium Secure Forensic Unit for males with a diagnosis of mental illness and/or personality disorder. Many of our service users have had experience of the criminal justice system in the past.
Benefits of working for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust include:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
- NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
- Staff accommodation
- Competitive pension scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job description Job responsibilities
Our team works hard to ensure high quality, patient centred care is at the heart of everything we do. You will be part of a motivated, supportive and cohesive multi-disciplinary Mental Health Team where your contribution is highly important. The team actively promotes a multi-disciplinary approach to the care coordination of our clients.
Whilst practicing as a Charge Nurse, you will be responsible for providing clinical and managerial supervision to a small team of colleagues and will be actively encouraged to promote further training and study in others to develop professionally, as well as monitoring performance within your team including sickness absence. You may also be required to cover the ward manager on occasions which will also help develop your leadership skills.
If you think you have the right skills and values to perform this role, please get in contact and apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This post also attracts RSU allowance of £1,446 per year. Please note:
- New starters have a 6 month probationary period. This, together with the induction process aims to create a positive supportive working environment allowing new employees to learn key elements of their role over a reasonable timescale.
- Candidates not currently employed by the Trust who attend an interview for non-qualified Band 1-5 posts are required to undertake numeracy and literacy assessments.
- Appointment to this post is subject to the trust receiving satisfactory references covering 3 years of employment or study. Please ask your referees to respond promptly to reference requests.
- Employees are expected to undertake mandatory and statutory training related to their role.
- We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community, regardless of gender, race, faith, disability, age or sexual orientation and we encourage applications from users of mental health services. This is part of our commitment to equality and reflecting the diversity of our population.
- Oxford Health is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Have experience in a leadership and management role
- Theoretical knowledge of MHA legislation including the Mental Health Act 1983
- Knowledge of safeguarding children and adults policy
- Has previous experience in working as a staff nurse in forensic mental health care setting
Personal Qualities Essential
- Effective leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Able to take direction and instruction
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.