Deputy Ward Manager - Band 6 Full time, permanent role
Are you Registered Nurse with experience of working in Learning Disability and/ or Forensic Services, and are ready for a new challenge? This new job opportunity may be just what you're looking for.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Ward Manager position within Malvern Unit. Malvern Unit is a 13 bedded low secure unit for men with a learning disability who have offended.
The secure service provides specialist assessment, treatment and where appropriate intensive rehabilitation services for offenders with a learning disability. The majority of service users have mild to moderate learning disability with complex needs.
At Brooklands hospital our patients have asked for staffwho will fight for them in MDT's to get the appropriate opportunities and support, that listen, that let them be involved in writing care plans and risk assessments, that have a good sense of humour and know what makes patients happy. They would like Nurses that are caring and that talk to them and give them praise when they do well.Most importantly our patients want people who make them feel safe.
We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Registered Nurses to recruit as Band 6 Deputy Ward Managers, to join our teams and help to influence and shape this multi-professional role. To support the development of the service and the embedding of our co-production strategy.
Main duties of the job For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to work within a multi-disciplinary learning disability and/or autism inpatient service. The post holder will ensure that all organisational systems and processes are adhered to. The post holder will manage and organise competing and conflicting priorities and manage change in complex situations. They will be a resource of clinical knowledge and competence in the service area contributing to staff and service development.
They will work over a 24-hour period and support the Ward Manager with the operational management of the service as well as the clinical and quality improvement approaches to ensure the highest standards of safety and quality in their area. The post holder will be required to undertake trusted assessments, provide evidence-based clinical interventions and clinical leadership working closely with the Clinical Deputy managers and Leads
You will need to be registered with the NMC or HCPC. In return for your skills and experience we can offer you a variety of rewarding challenges and at Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust we offer
- Experience working within a national service, with professionals who are committed to making a profound improvement in the lives of our patients
- The opportunity to develop the specialist skills required to participate as a skilled member of an experienced Forensic Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Training and development opportunities and access to the Talent for Care Team
- Support through our with staff in mind wellbeing initiative
- Flexible working policy and working carers passport
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Please note many Trust interviews are currently taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Learning Disability Nursing qualification or equivalent and must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council / HCPC
- Must have or be willing to work towards a recognised management qualification
- A range of experience of working with people with learning disabilities and / or mental health difficulties
- Experience of operationally managing staff
- Experience of working in a forensic setting
- Knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Evidence of knowledge of national framework and drivers for Learning Disabilities.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.