An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to work in Walsall Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team service. We are looking to welcome an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to join our Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Teams (CRHT) in Walsall.
The successful post holder will provide specialist Occupational Therapy services. You will be able to work independently and have excellent mental health and risk assessment skills. You will understand recovery principles and be able to plan and implement person-centred interventions, enabling individuals to start to regain their desired level of functioning.
CRHT works 24/7, and while the OT posts will work predominantly Monday - Friday 9-5, some flexibility might be needed to meet the needs of our clients.
Main duties of the job
To complete Occupational Therapy assessments and brief interventions to individuals experiencing an acute mental health crisis.
To liaise with services that can continue to support an individual's recovery and refer or signpost to these services as appropriate.
To work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services
- Specialist learning disability services
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1 April 2020, after NHS England and NHS Improvement approved the merger of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving.
We currently employ over 3,000 members of staff and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Job description Job responsibilities
Senior Occupational Therapist - Band 6
37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility in shift pattern
Dorothy Pattison Hospital
Person Specification Education/Training Essential
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of registration with HCPC
- Evidence of further education and development
- Training in Brief Psychological Therapies
- Abilty to carry out autonomous mental health assessments
- Abilty to work under pressure
- Ability to resolve problems and respond quickly to urgent mental health needs
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Risk assessment skills
- Knowledge and application of OT and/or Recovery Models
- Knowledge of Mental Health legislation (eg. MHA, MCA)
- Post graduate clinical experience of at least 18 months
- Specialsit knowledge of OT assessments and interventions
- Experience of working with people who deliberately self-harm
- Experience of working in CRHT
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
- Experience of completing audits
Personal qualities Essential
- Commitment and enthusiasm to the continued development of occupational therapy within specialist clinical area
- Membership of special interest groups and / or networks
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.