An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CAMHS Nurse with Non-medical Prescribing qualification to work in a dynamic and diverse team.
The post holder will be working as part of the CAMHS team and will be responsible for the development and delivery of independent non-medical prescribing within South Durham CAMHS. This post will be working with children and young people with ADHD, and represents an exciting opportunity to deliver therapy and interventions along side prescribing.
This post is being advertised to address a temporary need however the Trust has made the commitment to offer Registered Nurses a permanent contract with the Trust. In the event that the need for this post ends, a suitable alternative post will be offered (this does not apply to other registered professions). Applicants should be aware that alternatives may require some flexibility on role and/or location.
Applicants must ensure that prior to applying they have agreement from their current line manager that they can be released on a secondment basis.
In the event that permanent funding is secured for this post the successful applicant will be confirmed in post on a permanent basis.
Main duties of the job
The post holder must have completed the V300 Non-Medical Prescribing Course and be registered with the NMC. Who will provide an independent prescribing service for young people in line with Trust policy and supported through a Governance framework.
Theywill be responsible for reviewing young people referred to the service with a view to reviewing their progress and physical healthcare in line with NICE requirements. The post holder will ensure that all service users receive regular prescribing reviews.
While working for South Durham CAMHS we will offer robust clinical, management and caseload supervision.
There are learning and development opportunities within the service and formal learning opportunities will be agreed via appraisal and talent management.
While working for Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust you will have access to :
Staff discounts via health service discounts and Vivup
Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Lease Car Scheme
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification which outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the role.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- V300 Non Medical Prescriber Qualification
- NMC Registered
- Mentoring students qualification
- Post Graduate Qualification in relevant Area
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carer's
- Providing clinical supervision
- working in a muti disciplinary team
- Leadership or management experience
- Experience working with children/young people with Mental health
- Understanding of safeguarding and its application
- Clinical risk assessment and management and its application in practice
- Demonstrate knowledge to post graduate level of caring for young people with Mental Health
- The trusts QIS system (quality improvement)
- Communicate complex and sensitive information to young people, families, carer's
- Able to work flexibly and cooperatively as part of a team
- Committed to continued quality and service improvement
- Able to engage young people and work effectively in addressing challenging situations
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.