Western Cheshire IAPT Service has full time vacancies for a Band 7, High Intensity Therapists to join our well established, innovative, and highly successful Primary Care - IAPT Service. We pride ourselves on being a supportive and welcoming team.
The successful candidate will join our Core IAPT Team on a permanent basis. The Core Team is currently based in the Psychology Department at Bowmere Hospital, Liverpool Road.
Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit BABCP Accredited or Provisionally Accredited CBT Therapists who are highly motivated to provide excellent, high quality and time limited psychological interventions in accordance with NICE guidelines to patients in locality-based clinics across Western Cheshire who present with Depression and Anxiety Disorders at Step 3 of the stepped care model.
The successful candidates will:
- have a diploma level/IAPT qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- provide CBT and other NICE recommended interventions on a 1:1 or group basis
- have full or provisional BABCP accreditation
- have experience of working in an IAPT and/or Primary Care Mental Health Service
- have knowledge of the IAPT targets IAPT Teams are required to achieve
- will be required to work flexibly to cover the expanding service hours, as required by the service and some remote working will be considered
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CWP) supports thousands of vulnerable people across Cheshire and Merseyside. We provide physical, mental health and learning disability services to a total population of around one million people.
We offer a variety of roles at all levels, so whether you are just starting out in your career or you are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, CWP is the right employer for you.
Visit our 'Working for us' pages on our website to find out more about why you should choose CWP.
CWP are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for a full copy.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
To ensure that we continue to provide Outstanding for Care (as recently been awarded by CQC), CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking aValues Based Interview/Assessment,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. Please note that DBS costs will be waived for applicants who are being recruited for COVID-19 reasons.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of £13 per year applies. Please see attached Update Service Applicant Guide document for further information.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100 and quote the vacancy reference number.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Qualification from High Intensity IAPT Post Graduate Diploma course in CBT OR Post Graduate Diploma in CBT (competency based)
- Experience working as a psychological therapy practitioner in Primary care settings.
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following - nursing, social work, occupational therapy, arts therapy or psychological therapy
- Clinical supervision qualification
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE Essential
- Demonstrate an understanding of anxiety trauma and depression and how they may present in Primary Care
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the issues surrounding employment and the impact it can have on mental health.
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Knowledge of child protection issues and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Relevant experience in working in an IAPT service and/or within Primary Care Mental Health Teams
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time to ensure the service capacity is utilised effectively
- Experience of using the IAPT data set, problem specific psychometrics and service user feedback.
- Ability to act as a resource for other professional groups including providing some teaching in this respect
- Experience of joint working with other public sector and/or 3rd sector services
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.