An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Access to Mental Wellbeing Service for a pro-active and enthusiastic Band 6 Mental Health Nurse / Occupational Therapist.
The Access to Mental Wellbeing Service receives mental health referrals for the York and Selby locality and carries out initial assessments and Brief Interventions for a range of mental health conditions. The team has close links with primary care, third sector and partner agencies and is developing joint provision of interventions with these agencies.
Main duties of the job
This is a varied and interesting role and the successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of service delivery including:. The successful candidate will:
- Carry out initial comprehensive mental health assessments and work within the multidisciplinary team to identify clinical interventions to meet the needs of service users.
- Carry out Shift Lead/Duty Responder role to ensure the safe and effective running of the service.
- Work as part of the Multidisciplinary Team. Attending daily MDT meetings.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including Crisis Team, Community Mental Health Teams, GP's and specialist services.
- Share knowledge and skills within the team and supporting colleagues and students on placement in the service.
The Access to Mental Wellbeing Team is an expanding and developing service. As such, the successful candidate will work alongside the Leadership Team to further develop the range of therapeutic interventions offered by the service. This includes supporting the development and review of frameworks of interventions for common mental health issues that can be provided as a brief intervention both on an individual and group basis.
The successful applicant will be pro-active, have good organisational skills and be committed to providing high quality mental health services within the community.
The service hours are Monday to Friday, 08.00 -19.00 hours. The post holder will work 37.5 hours over a 4 day working week.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for further detailed information regarding the role and main responsibilities.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oProfessional qualification in Social Work at level of Dip. S.W., C.S.S. or C.Q.S.W. or current NMC registration Part 3 or 13, Professional qualification in Occupational Therapy
- oSubstantial experience in working in mental health post qualifying
- oExperience and liaison with multi-disciplinary team working
- oProven experience in assessment of mental health problems
- oSupervision of other staff
- oAbility to lead and problem solve effectively
- oExcellent communication skills
- oGood organisational and time management skills
- oAbility to liaise effectively with statutory and voluntary sector providers
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.