Stop Scrolling! Embark on an exciting new chapter with us in the Market Town of Aylesbury.
Why not join one of our teams in providing innovative health care within the Acute inpatient ward . We have opportunities across our Inpatient service :
Amber ward : older adult ward
Opal ward: Adult working age rehabilitation
Ruby ward : Adult working age female acute
Sapphire : Adult working Age male acute
Our service boasts a central location with good connections to neighboring counties; Oxford ,Wiltshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Warwickshire and beyond, including London and Birmingham. Due to our central location, we boast a hugely inclusive and diverse staff group.
Main duties of the job
We are looking to add to our Staff Nurse team by recruiting motivated and enthusiastic individuals into our inpatient services.
o To be responsible for the co-ordination and management of the ward for a span of dutyo To assist in every aspect of the management of an acute inpatient unito To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to patients and carerso To provide high quality of holistic nursing care to patients and carerso To contribute to the development of acute inpatient services
We are committed to the ongoing development of our staffing group and actively encourage the continued professional development of our employees. Oxford Health has an ever-growing Learning and Development department that can work with your line manager in supporting your ongoing growth.
Benefits of working for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust include:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
- NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
- Staff accommodation
- Competitive pension scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job description Job responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute and participate under supervision in the assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation of care and treatment for people with mental health problems.
It is mandatory for you to complete PEACE Training and other training directly related to the job.
You will work a rotating shift pattern to cover our 24 hour, 7 day a week service. All candidates must be computer literate. Please note:
- New starters have a 6 month probationary period. This, together with the induction process aims to create a positive supportive working environment allowing new employees to learn key elements of their role over a reasonable timescale.
- Candidates not currently employed by the Trust who attend an interview for non-qualified Band 1-5 posts are required to undertake numeracy and literacy assessments.
- Appointment to this post is subject to the trust receiving satisfactory references covering 3 years of employment or study. Please ask your referees to respond promptly to reference requests.
- Employees are expected to undertake mandatory and statutory training related to their role.
- We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community, regardless of gender, race, faith, disability, age or sexual orientation and we encourage applications from users of mental health services. This is part of our commitment to equality and reflecting the diversity of our population.
- Oxford Health is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Experience of working in multi disciplinary teams
- Commitment to nursing in adult acute setting
- Experience of working at Band 5 level in an acute setting
- Registered Nurse Mental Health
- Knowledge of MHA 1983/2007
- Further training in psychosocial interventions
- Training in clinical risk assessment and management
- Can demonstrate clear evidence of continued professional development
- Skills in clinical risk assessment and management
- Able to handle patient concerns sensitively and effectively
- Able to co-ordinate a span of duty on an adult ward
Teaching and Facilitation Essential
- Demonstrate a willingness to be involved in mentoring students
Other work related requirement Essential
- Must be of average fitness as successful completion our Restraint Training will be a mandatory requirement if you are successful in your application
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.