Rochdale Home Treatment Team has an exciting opportunity for an RMHN, OT or Social Worker interesting in developing leadership skills in a diverse role. The Home Treatment Team provides support to patients and their loved ones during some of the most challenging times of their lives. As the Deputy Manager, you'll be essential in supporting staff and wider services to delivered targeted and intensive interventions to prevent hospital admission. You'll also support in the implementation of a robust gatekeeping approach, encouraging you to develop your clinical risk assessment skills, sensitivity and negotiation skills.
The key role is being implemented due to significant investment into Crisis Services within in HMR.
Main duties of the job
To support the team manager in ensuring that care is delivered in accordancewith the Professionals Code of Conduct and reflects the requirements of thePennine Care.? To have protected time as to complete managerial tasks. Where possible besupernumerary. When required to undertake the duties of a Band 6 HTT seniorpractitioner this includes the gatekeeping role.(Gatekeeping will be a newfunction of HTT and will be operational during HTT working hours. The purposeis to be the first contact when mental health professionals are consideringadmitting a service user to an inpatient mental health bed and to assess theappropriateness of each request with consideration around utilising the HTT asan alternative to admission).
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. Were really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure were a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for full detail, or contact the manager identified for further informal discussion.
Person Specification Education/Qualification Essential
- RMN/SW/OT qualification
- Short courses and experience to post graduate diploma level.
- Willingness to undertake further training relevant to management, leadership and practitioner roles resulting from legislative or service changes, as appropriate.
- Accredited skills based training. ? Training related to management, supervision and staff development. ? Mentorship Qualification ? AMHP
- Knowledge of national legislation and guidance. ? Knowledge of evidence based / contemporary mental health practice. ? Ability to identify and coordinate effective risk assessment and management. ? Knowledge and skills related to management, supervision and staff development.
- Awareness of a range of evidence based interventions. ? Awareness of national guidance and proposals regarding Home Treatment.
- Substantial post registration experience working in acute mental health services. ? Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team ? Experience of working with service users, families, carers and friends ? Experience of gatekeeping.
- Working in a Home Treatment Team (HTT). ? Providing Supervision ? Leading / co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teamwork. ? Service development / managing change ? Budget Management
- Skills in Assessment/Caremanagement and Planning ? Experience/skills working in partnership with a broad range of colleagues, service users, and carers ? Skills in a range of evidence based practice. ? Demonstration of sound professional judgement & ? Communication skills (verbal and written) ? Ability to manage self and others effectively under pressure. ? Ability to supervise staff, set standards, monitor performance and promote staff development ? Excellent organisational, problem solving/prioritisation skills. ? Awareness of and commitment to, antidiscriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
- Management and Leadership skills/abilities
work related circumstances Essential
- Flexible working across division if necessary. ? Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs ? Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies ? Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.