The Harrogate Integrated community Team are looking to appoint a small number of skilled and highly motivated Band 6 Senior Community Mental Health Practitioners
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced practitioners to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the picturesque former spa town of Harrogate. As a senior practitioner you will have a genuine interest in collaborative working with people of varying ages and complex needs, including service users, their Carers and families.
Main duties of the job
As a registered professional this is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop their leadership and clinical skills in a community setting. As a core member of the team, you will also be responsible for your own caseload, providing assessments, care co-ordination and delivering intervention in the community with people who have complex needs, ranging from mild to moderate level of need to severe and enduring level of need and complexity. You will ensure that the service users' recovery goals are identified and central to their Safety plans, promoting social inclusion, independence and well-being. You will demonstrate excellent assessment skills, interpersonal, and team working skills and be able to work collaboratively with a range of statutory and third sector agencies.
You will have an enthusiastic approach towards your own personal and professional development. In return, you will receive regular appraisal, clinical, management and caseload supervision and will benefit from the support of an experienced and committed multi-disciplinary leadership team, including the Team manager and the Advanced Practitioners.
There is also an opportunity to work as a practitioner in the Primary Care part of the team, delivering psychologically informed brief interventions to people with more mild to moderate needs.
The office base for the team is two minutes walk from the town centre and has ample local off street perking. The beautiful Valley Gardens park is next to the site and the team retains a number of picnic rugs for use by staff to take advantage of this resource at lunchtimes!
Windsor House hosts a number of different associated teams including IAPT, Primary Care, Eating Disorders, Perinatal Services and has close working and geographical links to the Brough Council, third sector providers and local authority making links with care pathways easy to navigate.
Job description Job responsibilities
Applicants must be capable of independent travel in order to complete home visits. The office is on main transport routes to York, Bradford, Leeds and beyond.
Relocation packages are available.
Visits to the team are welcome!
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current professional registration with an approved professional body.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- For registered nurses: MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Recognised sign-off mentor, clinical educator or equivalent. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a care environment.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Providing clinical supervision to individuals or groups as professionally appropriate.
- Mentoring or facilitating students on practice placement.
- Leadership or management experience
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a community environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence-based practice in caring for patients in the designated field.
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice.
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.