We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time senior CBT Therapist / Counselling / Clinical Psychologist to join our expanding and friendly team as Senior CBT therapist.
The successful applicant will be proficient in offering supervision to qualified CBT Therapists, and acting as line manager to a team of clinicians, and, have specialist experience of working with common mental health problems within primary care and within an IAPT service in particular. The applicant will be required to significantly contribute to service development and project management and needs to be proficient in using data to monitor individual and team level activity and performance.
You can expect a friendly, creative, welcoming and social team. We take pride in involving our staff, drawing upon their skills and strengths and have a Staff Health and Wellbeing Champion. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate team players, committed to working for our Croydon communities.
The postholder will be based at our team bases in Central Croydon and/or at the Bethlem Hospital site and some working from home and is required to work at least one late shift from 11:30 to 19:30.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date due to an exceptional response. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for this vacancy as soon as possible.
Main duties of the job
- To deliver NICE recommended, formulation driven psychological interventions for depression and anxiety disorders, adapting interventions for the specific needs and clinical setting. Assess and integrate issues surrounding social support, voluntary work and employment into therapy.
- To select and deliver highly specialist evidence based psychological treatments, monitoring outcome and modifying and adapting interventions, drawing on a range of theoretical models. To collect and enter clinical outcome data on a sessional basis; select and interpret outcome measures to inform treatment planning.
- To provide professional managerial, and clinical supervision to HI CBT therapists, Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners, trainees, assistant psychologist and other junior staff members for all aspects of their work. This must include live supervision of therapist's work.
- To manage/ oversee the wellbeing and management of a team of staff
- To provide service level risk management, developing and recording risk management plans
- To identify aspects of the service, which could be improved and initiate and implement service development projects.
- To improve existing systems and procedures to help contribute to an effectively and efficiently run service.
About us Benefits
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It's important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job description Job responsibilities Job Purpose
The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the continued development and provision of a very high quality therapy service to meet the needs of the Croydon Service User, in line with the service specifications determined by the commissioners. Senior therapists are experienced psychological therapists with extensive experience working within an IAPT service, who make up the management team and work closely with the service lead, playing a key role in supporting, inspiring and guiding the clinical work of their teams, with a focus on continuing service improvement. They will lead a team and usually also take a lead role within the service holding responsibility for aspects.
To support the service leads by sharing responsibility of the day to day running of the service
To work collaboratively with the service leads to implement service developments / new initiatives
To support the clinical lead in maintaining a strong, committed and motivated team
To work autonomously as a Senior Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the service's policies and procedures.
To develop and model IAPT protocols and ways of working
To provide high quality specialist CBT supervision
To support supervisees in meeting performance targets as defined by the service, and to meet personal performance targets set in agreement with service lead
To ensure high quality training placements for IAPT trainees (HI, PWP or Assistant Psychologist)
To deliver highly specialist medium-term cognitive behavioural psychotherapy service to patients referred to the service
To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development
To continue to undertake advanced and highly specialist continuing professional development in cognitive behavioural psychotherapy.
Person Specification Education And Qualifications Essential
- Doctoral level qualification in clinical or counselling psychology (and eligibility for HCPC registration) and having completed an IAPT HI CBT course, OR, High intensity (HI) therapist, having completed an IAPT CBT course
- BABCP practitioner full accreditation or provisional accreditation
- Training in a different therapy modality offered in IAPT (e.g. IPT, DIT, Couples, EMDR Groups)
- Specialist experience of using CBT to treat depression and a range of anxiety disorders in adults in a brief time limited format, and of using structured assessment protocols
- Specialist experience of using CBT in the context of complexity and comorbidity, drawing on specialist knowledge and skills in treating depression and anxiety in the context of this
- Experience of collecting and recording generic and disorder specific outcome measures to monitor patient progress
- Experience of delivering and supervising brief CBT (up to 12 sessions)
- Experience of working at least for two years within an IAPT service
- Significant experience of contributing to service development and improvements
- Experience in offering supervision to HI/CBT therapists / trainees or PWPs / trainees
- Experience of data analysis and capacity planning
- Supervision Training attended
- Experience of working across cultures and with diverse communities and 'hard to reach' groups
- Experience of co-working and training other staff
- Experience of service development
- Specialist knowledge of depression and specific anxiety disorders and CBT as applied to depression and specific anxiety disorders
- Familiarity with group and workshop programmes to be offered to depressed or anxious clients
- Awareness of diversity issues and factors affecting access to mental health care
- Familiarity with IAPTUS / PC MISS
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Ability to meet agreed service targets
- Ability to both support and challenge a team to give of their best
- Ability to think creatively and constructively about service improvement
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, contributing to effective team functioning
- Skills and ability to act as an advocate for the new service, to engage and foster good professional relationships
- Well developed IT skills including word processing, excel
- Proficiency in using data to monitor individual and team level activity and performance
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.