An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Clinical Lead Nurse within the Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys Adult Mental Health Inpatient service based at Foss Park Hospital.
This post is for Ebor Ward (Female Adult Acute Ward).
As the Clinical Lead you would be expected to have excellent leadership and organisational skills, work closely alongside with a variety of different professional teams across York and North Yorkshire and the wider organisation, develop and mentor staff within your team and work alongside the Responsible Clinicians and Ward Manager ensuring that the ward continues to provide the highest standards of care.
We will support you by offering regular supervision, training opportunities and encourage your development and role within this developing team on the delivery of Patient Centred Care, support for carers and evidence based practice.
The successful applicants will be expected to work shifts covering 24/7 days and nights and public holidays.
Main duties of the job
Your role would involve the following:
- Working within the MDT.
- Taking, receiving and completing handovers and report outs.
-Working with patients, families and carers.
-Mentor for students and staff.
-Supervisor for staff members.
-Being involved and taking an active part in formulation, review and discharge meetings.
We're committed to co-creating a great experience for our colleagues. This means listening to what staff are telling us and working together to be the best employer we can be.
Our staff are our most important asset and recognising their excellent work and the vital contributions they make to patient care is very important.
We have achieved the gold Investors in People (IIP) standard and have been commended on great people management practice and demonstrating a commitment to staff development.
All staff who join us are provided with a comprehensive induction programme, starting on their first day of employment.
Continuous professional development is important to us. Once you're comfortable in your new role, you and your manager will work collaboratively to form a Personal Development Plan (PDP), your personal career aspirations are taken into account and the trust will provide you with the resources you need to develop.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached to the vacancy that outline the main duties and responsibilities of the role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RNMH/RNLD, current professional registration with NMC
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or Management Qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health and/or learning disabilities in an inpatient or community environment
- Providing clinical supervision
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Mentoring students on practice placement experience.
- Leadership or management experience
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence-based practice in caring for patients in the designated field
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act)
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice.
- Participation in the Trust's Quality Improvement System (QIS)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.