The Forensic Service offers you the exciting opportunity to work within the Secure Inpatient Service. The post will involve working within the education department as part of the onsite Recovery Academy.
The successful candidate will lead and develop education provision in response to local service needs within secure services. This will involve identifying the learning needs of service users and also develop / maintain links with external/educational organisations and ensuring that teaching and learning follow up to date standards of practice and frameworks
The Forensic Service will provide you with access to relevant training opportunities in your workplace to support you in developing your knowledge, experience and skills. You will have the opportunity to make a significant positive impact on the delivery of care whilst being supported by a dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Main duties of the job
To work compassionately with service users to achieve identified education goals and to promote social inclusion, independence and well-being through a client-centred approach.
To provide training and supervision to learning assistants.
To lead and develop internal quality assurance process to maintain, assess and improve across the accredited learning programmes.
Accountable for designated caseload, working within an evidence based learning plan. Working with Service users who have a range of Mental Health Conditions and or Learning Disabilities. Service users may demonstrate behaviours that challenge.
Undertakes complex educational assessments and develops complex specialist educational programmes in English, Mathematics, IT/digital skills courses.
To develop and implement learning plans and provide advice to service users with diverse presentations and complex needs to enable them to access educational opportunities.
The Secure Inpatient Service provides a specialist service for adults with a mental health disorder, learning disability or autism who exhibit behaviours of concern to others and to themselves. The service provides individualised, comprehensive packages of care within Medium and Low Secure inpatient settings and has links to High Secure services and prisons
We continuously strive to make a difference to the lives of our service users and carers. We take pride in ensuring care and security is delivered in a psychologically informed and compassionate way, working collaboratively with our service users and carers to create and sustain a positive and healthy psychosocial environment.
As a Service we pride ourselves in supporting and promoting staff health and wellbeing and have developed and published specific guidance for all staff to support this aim as a priority.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oPrincipal teaching qualification (i.e. Certificate of Education/PGCE)
- oLevel 5 or equivalent Subject Specialism (i.e. Literacy, Numeracy, ESOL and/or ICT)
- oQTLS (Qualified, Teaching, Learning & Skills) Status
- oProfessional registration with Society for education and training (SET).
- oLevel 4 or equivalent in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment qualification
- oTeaching qualification in LLDD (Learner with Learning Difficulties/Disabilities)
- oExperience working in an education setting or teaching adults.
- oExperience working with adults with learning disability and /or Autism spectrum conditions and/or mental health conditions.
- oExperience working within secure services.
- oSpecialist skills in applying literacy, language and/or numeracy.
- oUnderstanding the needs and difficulties of service users with mental health conditions and/or learning disabilities.
- oSafeguarding and its application in practice
- oResearch and development methodology.
- oUnderstanding the needs of individuals from diverse social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- oKnowledge of current practice within lifelong learning.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.