An excellent opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced registered mental health professional to manage the Ryedale and Whitby CMHT's for Older People.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have recent experience in older person's mental health, including experience of working in the field of dementia, experience in a managerial or leadership role including supervising staff and being involved in service development and performance monitoring. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who already has some managerial experience to develop their operational management skills and experience further.
Based in Malton (Ryedale) or Whitby Community Mental Health Team. Malton is a much undiscovered friendly, traditional market town more recently renowned as the food capital of North Yorkshire. The area offers truly stunning views of the Yorkshire hills and Wolds with the Moors leading to Whitby and easy access to Scarborough and other coastal towns. The city of York is within easy driving distance with direct, regular train links taking less than 20 minutes.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for supporting and overseeing the operational delivery of the CMHT at team level and supporting the team in addressing issues impacting on service delivery. Sound leadership and excellent communication skills will be required to drive the delivery of an effective, efficient, high quality service in accordance with Trust values, clinical standards, service priorities and performance requirements.
The post holder will be required to work closely with clinical and professional leads and to ensure effective links with other community teams and partners in Ryedale and Whitby. The ability to work autonomously is essential with overall support and strategic direction from the Locality Manager.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Current professional registration with appropriate body in healthcare or social work
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Leadership or management qualification or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale
- Significant experience working with people with complex mental ill health in a community setting
- Significant experience of working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Demonstrable leadership or management experience
- Use of the Trust's Quality Improvement system
- Significant evidenced based knowledge of best practice in caring for patients in the designated field
- Detailed understanding of Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice
- Budget Management and Financial Standing Instructions
- HR policies and procedures
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.