This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to work for Mindsmatter Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) Service
The Mindsmatter service have dedicated teams of Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWPs), Cognitive Behavioural Therapists and Counsellors who offer a range of support to help people make positive changes to reduce stress and anxiety and improve their wellbeing.
An opportunity exists for one qualified Counsellor who is passionate about providing meaningful and effective therapeutic experiences to address common mental health problems.
Main duties of the job
Mindsmatter Counsellors offer accessible screening, assessment and treatment for mild to moderate mental health problems, giving service users a greater degree of choice and flexibility by providing 1:1 brief time limited counselling within primary care. This service is provided across a number of primary care and other community venues in the locality.
You will have a proven track record of delivering high quality service outcomes against robust performance measures and have excellent interpersonal qualities; time management skills; an ability to work autonomously; and an enthusiasm for working in an ever-developing IAPT environment.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy accredited Diploma
- Evidence of working towards British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Accreditation (to be achieved within 12 months of taking up the post).
- Knowledge of NHS structures and policy within a primary care context.
- Experience of psychological work with common mental health problems and primary care counselling work.
- Experience of short term time-limited work.
- Evidence of regular supervised practice.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to self-reflect and use clinical supervision appropriately
- Ability to cope and deal with highly distressing emotional circumstances
- Ability to sustain intense levels of concentration responding and participating as required.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.