There is an exciting opportunity to join our well established management team on Ambleside ward, Dorothy Pattison Hospital.
The post is for that of the Night time deputy ward Manager.
Main duties of the job
The main duties are:-
As a registered mental health nurse, you will be the night time deputy ward manager who holds the senior nurse bleep cover
You will provide a leading role within a multi-disciplinary team involved with the clinical management of patients with mental health problems within an inpatient setting.
You will provide professional and clinical leadership to the team, taking a supportive role to the Ward Manager for the responsibility for the planning and provision of 24 hour inpatient care.
You will maintain and develop high standards of care pertaining to the mental and physical well being of patients and promoting a person centred approach to patients.
You will have a dynamic approach to problem solving in a busy environment, using all of your management and clinical skills to deal with other professionals involved in admissions, discharges, emergencies and other agencies.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- Agenda for change agreed annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Free parking
- The opportunity to work with an organisation with high levels of staff satisfaction
- The opportunity to be involved in developing and improving our services and being part of projects
Job description Job responsibilities
your main responsibilities are:-
- Deputising for the ward manager when required
- Having an assertive and unrelenting focus on the performance of the nursing team and taking definitive action when performance falls below acceptable levels
- Supporting the ward manager in ensuring the allocated ward achieves excellence across the full range of relevant quality and compliance criteria
- Effectively working with other members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) and Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure effective care in delivery to patients and all members of staff are appropriately managed
- Promoting and maintaining a professional nursing environment, ensuring a high standard of nursing care at all times, assisting with evaluation through clinical governance and audit
- Assisting the ward managers in coordinating the work of the nursing team including staff training, duty rotas and making adjustments to manage short term cover to manage emergencies
- Supporting the Ward Manager in the planning and implementation of service developments by developing a highly skilled and motivated nursing workforce through regular supervision, appraisals and probationary meetings
- Supporting and lead regular patient feedback mechanisms, e.g. satisfaction surveys, community meetings as well as coordinating complaints and incident investigations and management cases
Person Specification professional qualification Essential
- good communication skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.