We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Durham and Darlington Neurodevelopmental Pathway and take part in assessment for neurodevelopmental disorders in children and young people. This is a new service and the individual would be joining at an exciting time of transformation.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate would be expected to work alongside other members of the multi disciplinary team as well as liaise with external agencies such as education and local authority. The candidate will be completing clinical observations, coordinating information and participating in diagnostic decision-making as part of the MDT.
The post holders will receive regular supportive supervision and training opportunities.
Tees, Esk and Wear Valley NHS Foundation Trust, a multi-award winning Trust is a well-managed and financially stable organisation with an excellent track record for providing high quality mental health services in North Yorkshire. The scope of the service innovation and genuine collaboration between North Yorkshire County Council and Tees, Esk and Wear Valley NHS Trust is unprecedented and provides a secure base to ensure ongoing success.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will carry out observational assessments of children and young people in a variety of contexts such as clinic, home and school. The observations will be fed back to the wider MDT and inform the decision around diagnosis of autism and/or ADHD.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current professional registration with appropriate body
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Poast graduate qualification in relevant area
- CAMHS degree
- Leadership qualification
- Certificate in teaching and assessing
- Provide clinical supervision
- Working within a MDT
- Working with families and young people
- Knowledge of ASD and assessments
- Undersatnding of safeguarding and its application in practice
- Demonstrate knowledge to a post graduate level in caring for families and young people
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.