An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 7 Senior Specialist Nurse within the expanding Vincent Square Community Eating Disorders Service for Children and Young People (CEDS-CYP).
Our Service delivers NICE-concordant treatment and care via a multidisciplinary team for young people aged 18 or under from the diverse boroughs of Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Brent, Harrow and Hillingdon.
Main duties of the job
In this role you will take the lead role in the processing of all new referrals to the service, assess, plan and provide clinical interventions relevant to the CAMHS patient group, and an adequate level of physical health monitoring. You will work in conjunction with colleagues providing direct advice, family-based interventions and support to children, young people and their families with suspected and confirmed eating disorders. You will liaise with GPs and other professionals involved in their care to coordinate care and to manage risks, and you will also liaise with referrers and offer training, advice and consultation to medical wards, primary and secondary services and other external agencies as required.
You will take a lead in the day-to-day management and supervision of the CYP nursing team and contribute to the wider nursing initiatives within the All-Age Service and the wider CAMHS/Eating Disorders Service line, as appropriate.
The service is an expanding, strong and dynamic team committed to multidisciplinary working, service development and continuing professional development. The team comprises of a Team Manager, Consultant Psychiatrists, Family Therapists, Clinical Psychologists, Assistant Psychologists, Dietician, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Nurse Specialists and Team Administrators. We also have strong links with our Paediatric colleagues in our neighbouring acute hospitals.
The service operates a hub and spoke model, the main hub is based at Vincent Square Eating Disorder Service in Chelsea, with a spoke facility at Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings
Job description Job responsibilities
- Leadership of the nursing team.
- Overseeing the physical health monitoring of the patients.
- Overseeing the support offered to nursing teams on paediatric wards managing eating disorder patients.
- Triaging and assessing new referrals.
- Attending bed management meetings with local providers.
- Liaising with paediatric colleagues at local paediatric wards.
- Holding a caseload of patients for physical health management and therapeutic treatment.
- Offering evidence based treatments such as Family Based Treatment (FBT) and CBT-E/CBT-T.
Person Specification Education & Qualifications Essential
- A qualification and professional registration in Nursing
- Mental Health Nurse Level 1 (RN3, RNMH in sub part 1 of the NMC Register) ENB 998 or equivalent
- Post-qualification training in additional Eating Disorders related specialised areas or equivalent
- Training in Mentorship, Work Based Learning and Assessment in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Postgraduate training in specific therapies (e.g. CBT, CBT-E, family based treatment, AFT, DBT, SSCM)
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in Child and Adolescent Mental Health (e.g. ENB 603) or equivalent
- oExtensive post registration experience and a significant experience in a community setting in mental health
- oExperience of working with young people with an eating disorder
- oExperience of working with and supporting families with a loved one, experiencing an eating disorder
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.