We are excited to offer a CAMHS Band 6 Charge Nurse at Forest House Adolescent Unit
We are passionate about delivering innovative and compassionate care to our service users. There will be opportunities to develop and enhanceyour clinical skills through supervision, training and access to engage with the wider CAMHS network.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be working closely with young people who use our services, their families, friends, carers and will make an important contribution to how people experience their care.
This is the perfect opportunity for those who are looking for a new challenge, enjoy variety in your work and wish to be part of a team striving to make a difference to our patients' health care. The practice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
As part of the selection process you will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring check. The practice believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the main duties and responsibilities of the role please refer to the job description and person specification documents attached.
Person Specification AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE Essential
- At least 2 years experience at Band 5, with 1 year in CAMHS
- Registered Nurse Mental Heath or RSCN
- Ability to run groups
- Ability to plan, implement and carry out nursing care
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act
- Awareness of Child Protection
- Relevant Clinical knowledge
- A working knowledge of child development and adolescents
- Up to date working knowledge of child and family problems and disorders
- Emphatic interviewing and counselling skills
- Experience of working with children, adolescents, family and carers
- Ability to manage staff
- Previous experience of managing and supervising junior staff (including those from other professional backgrounds)
- An understanding of the complex nature of eating disorders and associated difficulties.
- Ability to monitor and manage adolescents with eating disorders
- Ability to support and nurse junior staff when dealing with complex eating disorders.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Essential
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to think clearly and express self
- Ability to assess reports and clinical information and provide clear and concise information tailored for different audiences
ANALYTICAL SKILLS Essential
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of psychiatric/mental health diagnosis and treatments
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.