An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 charge nurse/ward sister to join our team at Bevan Place. Bevan Place is a 16 bedded male rehabilitation unit within the RHS Care Hub. Bevan Place provides care to males aged 50+ with chronic and severe mental illness, cognitive impairment and physical health comorbidities using a recovery focused approach.
Main duties of the job
To assist the unit/clinical manager in leadership, managerial duties, role modelling and clinical leadership.
To be familiar with and comply with all Trust and departmental policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
To be aware of and work towards the Trusts strategic goals.
- The post holder must comply with and support the development of the performance standards within the service/department to ensure the service is responsive to and meets the needs of its customers
- The post holder will be required to develop and maintain good working relationships with all patients, service users, staff, contractors and where appropriate, members of the public
- The Trust aims to maintain the good will and confidence of its own staff, patients, service users, NHS contractors and the general public. To assist in achieving this objective it is essential that at all times, the post holder carries out their duties in a courteous, sympathetic and professional manager
- All post holders who are members of a professional body must comply with standards of professional practice/conduct.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Assist the Clinical Manager in developing a service that will ensure that the needs of patients are met with regard to their age, spiritual, cultural, ethnic and sexual orientation
- To assist the Clinical Manager with the on-going development of the unit
- Assist the Clinical Manager in developing protocols and procedures that reflect the needs of patients within the unit
- In the absence of the manager/deputy, undertake responsibility for the day to day running of the unit
- In consultation with the multi-disciplinary team, ensure high standards of individual care for patients and that they are fully consulted and involved in every aspect of their care
- To undertake a clinical leadership role for a specified group of patients, to ensure a co-ordination of services designed to meet their individualised plans of care
- Authorised to sign timesheets, mileage claims forms etc.
- To engage in supervision and support on practice, professional/personal development and career issues, including attitude and outlook in respect of patients of nursing and non-nursing staff in consultation with the Clinical Manager
- To liaise effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and both statutory and non-statutory organisations involved with client care
- Participate in the monitoring and implementation of the Mental Health Act (1983)
- To follow the Code of Professional Conduct, as laid-down by the NMC
- To be aware of current research in the care of people with severe mental illness, especially research related to the recovery approach, PSI and other relevant clinical issues
- To Input patient data onto NCRS ensuring accuracy and timescales are met in line with Trust Policy
- To assist the Clinical Manager in ensuring high quality of evidence-based practice is carried out by all staff within the unit
- Assist in the maintenance of up to date records from all clients referred to the Unit
- To participate in senior nurse rota
- To participate in the recruitment process, as required.
This job description provides a brief overview of the Charge Nurse role. It is subject to regular review and development in consultation with the post holder
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Person Specification Essential and Desirable Desirable
- Mentorship or Assessor Training
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.