Occupational Therapy Assistant - Band 4
We are currently recruiting for an outstanding Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our team on Adarna ward, a Rehabilitation ward at Cygnet Hospital Wyke.
Base: Cygnet Hospital Wyke, Phoenix ward, Blankney Grange, Huddersfield Rd, Wyke, Bradford BD12 8LRMain duties of the job
Within this role, you will provide support to the occupational therapists through assessing and analysing strengths and needs, providing interventions, reporting on progress, and supporting individuals in our care to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Across our 11 different service lines, we have evidence-based established models of care to ensure we provide the highest quality care and support.
Our dedicated and expert teams of over 10 000 employees, support over 2800 individuals in a range of services across England, Scotland and Wales. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care, through co-production, recovery and rehabilitation.
With over 150 Occupational Therapists, we work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesAre you an Occupational Therapy Assistant who would like to explore a rewarding career experience?About Us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988 as an independent provider of health and social care services in England, Scotland and Wales.Your RoleService Line:
Male Highly Specialised Autism Spectrum DisorderSummary of the site:Adarna Ward
is part of a large hospital at Wyke in Bradford. It is a Rehabilitation ward for autistic men recovering from mental health illness. The ward can support up to 15 men. The clinical focus on Adarna ward is the recovery of service users through meaningful engagement both within the service and in the local community. Our aim is to support individuals to live with their condition and to discharge them onto the least restrictive setting suitable for them. The multi-disciplinary team (MDT) work together with service users to provide holistic person-centred assessments and care plans.
The Occupational therapy department at Cygnet Wyke hospital has 3 qualified OTs, 1 Occupational Therapy Assistant and 6 activity coordinators. Our environment includes a gym, onsite vocational activities, ADL kitchens, a sensory room and other therapeutic spaces.As an Occupational Therapy Assistant, you will
Occupational Therapy Directorate
- Under the oversight of an Occupational Therapist, complete elements of the occupational therapy process. This may include, but is not restricted to: assessment, analysis of results, care planning including prioritising and grading targets and goals; interventions on a group or individual basis both within the hospital and in the wider community, grading and adapting activities to suit individual strengths and needs and aspects of report-writing
- Support individuals in your care to identify and work towards meeting their personal goals and aspirations through the assessment process and occupational formulation
- Work with a degree of autonomy and as part of a team to manage a designated caseload within your scope of practice
- Share information effectively and concisely in a range of situations (effective daily documentation; attendance at meetings to handover information; face to face handovers of information to colleagues; report-writing and care planning)
- Support staff, carers, and individuals in our care to learn new techniques or regain pre-existing ones (including daily living and life skills, self-regulation strategies, and correct use of equipment)
- Contribute to the supervision, mentoring and education of others (including students) with more experienced colleagues as required
Under the leadership of our occupational therapy directors we support over 150 Occupational Therapists. Working together as a large team we provide support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development.
Every service line has a clinical lead occupational therapist to lead and develop evidence based practice and agreed occupational therapy pathway.Occupational Therapy Assistant Preceptorship & Induction:
We offer an Occupational Therapy Assistant 12 month preceptorship programme to support and consolidate core Occupational Therapy Skills.5 reasons why you should make an application today
Cygnet Health Care Benefits
- We care about people in our services
- Expert supervision with your clinical supervisor
- Induction & service line training in area of specialism
- Dedicated CPD time for peer support, skill development and specialist training
- We support and develop you to build skills and confidence for the next level in your career.
- Free parking
- Free meals for staff on duty
- Relocation package available
- Group pension plan helping you save for your future
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card (includes big brand discounts)
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Plus much more
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether its saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure or securing your future with professional development and a pension we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.
If you would like to discuss this role with the recruiting Occupational Therapist or arrange an informal visit, wed be more than happy to facilitate this. Please contact: Dishna Parmar on DishnaParmar@cygnethealth.co.ukRequirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Recruitment agencies please note: Speculative emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
BD12 8LREmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.