An exciting opportunity has arisen from a Band 5 Registered MH Practitioner to join the Home Treatment Team in HMR.
The team has gone through an exciting period of change and investment in order to meet core fidelity standards. This role would be ideal for someone looking to develop their skills in community crisis services whilst receiving support from an outstanding team with a diverse skill set.
Main duties of the job
To assess the patient's mental health needs and aid access to the appropriate service.To help manage any presenting risks and liaise with any family and agencies as needed.To ensure safe discharge of patients back to the GP or other services/agencies where appropriate.To provide effective, evidence based assessments and short-term interventions (if appropriate) for people experiencing a mental health crisis.To be responsible for own record keeping standards and in-putting to information systems.To participate in the service development of the team, and take part in team business and practice meetings.To contribute to learning outcomes for student placements within the team.To ensure adherence to operational policies and participate in audits to monitor quality of care.To participate in programmes of audit.To contribute to mandatory training requirements
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. Were really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure were a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached JD and PS for further information, for an informal discussion please contact the Team Manager.
Person Specification Education Essential
- Evidence of professional registration
- Evidence of CPD
- Experience of working within mental health service
- Working in a Crisis / Home Treatment Team
- Providing Supervision
- Knowledge of national legislation and guidance.
- Knowledge of evidence based / contemporary mental health practice.
- Ability to identify and co-ordinate effective risk assessment and management.
- Awareness of a range of evidence based interventions.
- kills in Assessment/Caremanagement and Planning
- Experience/skills working in partnership with a broad range of colleagues, service users, and carers
- Skills in a range of evidence based practice
- Demonstration of sound professional judgement and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage effectively under pressure.
- Ability to supervise staff, set standards, monitor performance and promote staff development
- Excellent organisational, problem solving / prioritisation skills.
- Awareness of and commitment to, anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities
Work Related Circumstances Essential
- Good attendance record
- Flexible working across division if necessary.
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.