Are you a driven and motivated Physiotherapist or Osteopath looking for a new role that will give you the opportunity to gain new skills and develop professionally?
Due to expansion of the team and internal Enhanced Physiotherapy Practitioner (EPP) roles, an exciting opportunity has arisen for Band 6 clinicians to join Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. We are looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking qualified Physiotherapists and Osteopaths. Are you interested in joining a supportive, motivated, and forward-thinking team to develop your skills and knowledge?
By joining Somerset's MSK physiotherapy team you will be integrating into a network of highly skilled practitioners from advanced practice physiotherapists to Band 4 exercise instructors. You will be working with our EPPs who offer mentoring, supervision, and injection therapy. We receive referrals from GPs, the orthopaedic assessment service, first contact practitioners, orthopaedic departments and other Health Care practitioners. Do you want to be part of an exciting and dynamic therapy team within a Trust that places a strong emphasis on learning, clinical supervision, and clinical development?
We support our colleague development through flexible clinical support, comprehensive in-service training program, protected 10% CPD time and our annual clinical away day. This is to help our team provide the latest evidence based and patient centered care.
Main duties of the job
- Provide a high standard of therapy service to musculoskeletal outpatients.
- Provide specialist advice regarding the musculoskeletal assessment, diagnosis and treatment for patients referred to the service.
- Participate in the development of the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Service.
- Actively participate in their own clinical development.
- Act as a source of expertise in the management of musculoskeletal conditions. Provide an advisory service to patients, carers, other physiotherapists and osteopaths, other health care professionals and the primary healthcare team including GPs.
- Be responsible for the safe and correct use of equipment within the department.
- Provide clinical supervision, support and training to Peers, Band 5 physiotherapists and osteopaths, students, and Exercise Instructors.
About us Working for your organisation
As aTrust we are proud of the excellent, pioneering service the musculoskeletal team delivers to our patients. As an employer, we recognise that our colleagues, truly are our greatest asset and we are committed to supporting them to achieve a rewarding and satisfying career. Would you like to work in one of the most desirable places within the UK?
Working here in Somerset you can soak up all that the idyllic countryside has to offer with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You get to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Please note that pay scales are dependent on NHS experience.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job description and person specification for more details about this fantastic role.
Example from the Job description below: Professional
- To work with the Locality Lead to ensure a high standard of clinical care in line with national and local standards and the CSP and Osteopathic Council codes of professional conduct.
- To maintain personal clinical professional development (CPD), by keeping abreast of any new trends and developments and incorporate as necessary into the workplace.
- To take an active role in the in-service training programme by attendance and deliverance of presentations and training sessions at colleague meetings, peer review, in service training sessions and by attending courses and practising reflective practice.
- To participate in the colleague appraisal scheme as an appraisee, and to be responsible for complying with your agreed personal development programme to meet set knowledge and competencies.
- To participate in the colleague appraisal scheme as an appraiser and to formulate personal development programmes with the appraisee(s).
- To undertake the measurement and evaluation of your work and current practices through the use of evidence-based practice projects, clinical audit and outcome measures either individually or within the MSK team.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING Essential
- oDegree/diploma in Physiotherapy or MSc or BSc (Hons) in Osteopathy
- oRegistration with the Health Professions Council (UK) or General Osteopathic Council
- oEvidence of relevant and up to date post graduate training in the relevant field of MSK
- oMembership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or Institute of Osteopathy
- oRelevant validated clinical courses
- oClinical skills encompassing the core areas of exercise therapy, management of pain relief, mobility training and therapeutic handling
- oKnowledge of validated assessment tools and outcome measures
- oSpecialist knowledge of a broad range of relevant conditions and their management
- oRemain up to date with professional, evidence based practice and new research
- oSound assessment skills with clinical reasoning and analytical ability
- oUnderstanding of Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies
- oUnderstanding and use of reflective practice
- oUnderstanding and use of Shared Decision Making
- oSubstantial experience within the NHS
- oExperience of working within MSK outpatients
- oExperience of clinical supervision with Band 5 physiotherapists, osteopaths, students or Exercise Instructors
- oExperience of leading and facilitating groups
- oInvolvement in audit, research and understanding quality issues
SKILLS & ABILITIES Essential
- oAbility to present information, written and orally, in a clear and logical manner and keep accurate and legible notes
- oEffective oral and written communication skills
- oAbility to comprehend and work within all Trust policies of data protection, equal opportunities and health & safety
- oClarity in explaining ideas
- oAbility to develop a therapeutic rapport with patients
- oAbility to cope with distressing situations such as imparting unwelcome news regarding rehabilitation prospects
- oPresentation skills
- oAbility to pass on skills and knowledge to others within formal and informal environments
PLANNING & ORGANISING SKILLS Essential
- oCommitted to personal and team development
- oAdaptable to sudden changes in workload with fast turnaround of patients
- oUnderstanding of team dynamics
- oAbility to organise, prioritise and delegate
- oExperience of participation in running internal/external courses
- oMotivation, drive, enthusiasm and confidence in role
- oCompetent IT skills
- oWillingness to use technology to improve standards of care and support to our patients including Computer literacy
- oAccess to transport to travel throughout the Somerset area
- oWillingness to be flexible in working locations
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.