You will bring:
- A detailed knowledge of the modelsused in long term conditions
- Significant experience of applying models using a wide range ofpsychologicaltools andtechniques
- An understanding of approaches used to support people in managing long term health conditions
- A willingness to work as part of an interdisciplinaryteam
- An ability to provide training and supervision to other professionals and practitioner psychology trainees
- Enthusiasm for research and development
- Excellent digital skills including an ability to use the full range ofMicrosoft365 tools
As well as delivering a psychological service to the Health and Wellbeing, you will be expected to develop your skills working across the range of possible co-morbidities. Support for this will be provided.
Main duties of the job
Wouldyou like to join an interdisciplinary team which prides itself on being innovative, effective,and friendly?Would you like to work in a beautiful environment where your personal and professional development is encouraged?Would you like to join a team which specialises in a biopsychosocial approach to the management oflong-termhealth conditions? If so, we would welcome your application for therole of Practitioner Psychologist: Health and Wellbeing.
As a team we believe in using all the resources we have available to us to help us help people to live the livesthey want. We use digital resources to improve access to our services and reduce the need for people and health care staff to travel.
As a service use the environmentaround us to inspire people to make the most of the opportunities for improving health and wellbeing.Using the best evidence available, we designand continuously improveservices in collaboration with the people who will be usingthem.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Powys is cited as being a wonderful place to live and work; a rural health setting where you can personally and professionally grow, where patients are at the heart of care provision. If you are an ambitious professional in search of job satisfaction, Powys is the place to be. Whatever your career aspirations, we are committed to supporting and developing you.
Powys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of the population of Powys. Powys is the largest county in Wales with Snowdonia to the North and the Brecon Beacons to the South, the spectacular scenery is something to behold. Working in partnership, we commission and provide award-winning hospital, community, mental health and learning disability services, so our portfolio is varied and diverse. We are proud to offer patients an unrivalled level of care and range of careers for professionals who want to make a real difference. Did you know - Powys Teaching Health Board accepts applications to retire and return from within the NHS in Wales. If you would like to know more, please contact the Powys Teaching Health Board Workforce team on 01874 712580 or firstname.lastname@example.org Step into Health connects employers in the NHS to people from the Armed Forces community.
Applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Postgraduate Doctorate in Psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the British Psychological Society
- Registered with Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) as qualified Practitioner Psychologist
- Experience post qualification within a relevant area where skills are transferrable to adults with chronic health conditions
- Knowledge of clinical psychological assessment, formulation and psychological treatment as well as experience of providing these across all core specialties,
- Knowledge of specific models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuro psychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups
- Experience in the delivery of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with thorough knowledge of motivational interviewing and behaviour change principles and have sufficient knowledge to train others and create psychological formulations using these models
- Experience working with adult population either in Mental Health or within clinical health psychology settings
- Ability to demonstrate the Health Boards values
- Highly skilled in complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration
- Highly developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS
- Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology
- Ability to teach and train others, using a variety of complex multimedia materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings
- Ability to identify and employ mechanisms of clinical governance as appropriate, to support and maintain clinical practice in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour
- Ability to travel Powys-wide to attend meetings and training
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.