We are currently looking to recruit a keen, enthusiastic and highly motivated registered nurse/allied health professional, who is looking for an exciting new chance to utilise their clinical skills and experience, making a difference to those patients living in the community, who require support with their mental health needs.
As part of the Herefordshires mental health community transformation, this new and innovative, primary care role, has been developed within the North Herefordshire Primary Care Network (PCN) in collaboration with, Hereford and Worcestershire Health and Care Trust.
Working hand in hand with the mental health community teams, this role seeks to meet the mental health needs of new and existing patients, entering the primary care pathway, via their GP surgeries.
Working in a flexible and autonomous environment, the post holder will be embedded within the GP surgeries and be responsible for the smooth and effective delivery, of this new and exciting service.
If you would like to discuss informally if this is the right role for you, get in touch with the Recruiting Manager which can be found on the top right-hand side of the advert.
Main duties of the job
Embedded within PCN, the successful candidate will provide triage, signposting, assessment, and brief evidence based treatment (1:1 and/or group interventions) for people presenting with mental health problems.
The post holder will formulate, contribute to, and participate in, the development and implementation of assessment and treatment in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary primary care team.
Providing advice and guidance, where required, along with a more in-depth holistic mental health assessment if this is indicated. This will include a care plan linking patients into additional services, if required.
The post holder will also be expected to work collaboratively with the key partner organisations, patients, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the mental health multi-disciplinary teams, providing advice and consultation to PCN colleagues and support GPs and other PCN MDT members to assess and manage risk.
The service operates from 9-5, Monday to Friday and involves a degree of travel, therefore it is essential applicants can meet the travel requirements of the post.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community nursing services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Extensive post-qualifying experience of working with people with a range of mental health problems in a Mental Health setting
- Experienced in the assessment of people presenting with mental health problems including risk assessments and risk management
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Managing own case load
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non-statutory teams and agencies
- Working in a primary care setting
- Experience of working with people with substance misuse issues
- Training/developing staff and / or patients
- Experience of delivering evidence based psychosocial interventions
- Knowledge of principles of assessment of people with mental health problems
- Knowledge of principles of risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and Mental Capacity Act 2006 and other relevant legislation
Additional Criteria Essential
- Will be required to complete breakaway / de-escalation training
- Positively promotes equality and diversity in the workplace
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour
- Ability to analyse and present complex information to professional colleagues.
- To communicate very sensitive condition related information to patients and relatives with empathy and reassurance.
- Skilled in assessing and interpreting patient conditions with appropriate action.
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to inspire confidence in service users, carers and staff.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Delivery of evidence based interventions in mental health
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good team player
- Skilled in the provision of clinical supervision to both peers and junior members of staff
- Relevant professional qualification relating to Health or Social Care e.g. in Social Work, Nursing or Occupational Therapy with current professional registration
- RMN, BSc/Dip SW, BSc OT
- Recent evidence of continuing professional development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.