We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to join our team at Park House Hospital, North Manchester. Park house is an Adult inpatient mental health unit which provides inpatient care to services users with acute and complex mental health needs. The post holder will work proactively as a senior member of a multidisciplinary team on the acute inpatient wards for clients with complex mental and physical health needs providing an Occupational Therapy service. They will work with the multidisciplinary team to create and maintain an environment that supports social participation, health promotion and inclusion, with access to resources and facilities required to achieve this. This will include identifying and developing links with other agencies.To be successful in this role you will need good communication skills, be flexible, organised and highly motivated. You will need the ability to build effective working relationships and be able to demonstrate a commitment to client-centred, non-discriminatory practice.
Main duties of the job
- The post holder will carry out evidence based occupational assessments and write reports of a high standard, which highlight how biological, sociological and psychological factors interact to create barriers to the satisfactory participation of an individual service user in their valued life roles. They will define and deliver therapeutic intervention plans (including occupational recovery groups) and recommendations aimed to improving participation and recovery in life roles. The post will involve managing a defined caseload of services users with complex mental health and physical health needs in the service, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate OT interventions. The post will also provide evidence based occupational recovery groups aimed at enabling participation and recovery in valued life roles. The post holder will make recommendations to and access support from appropriate professionals and external agencies or deliver Occupational Therapy interventions with the aim of gaining or restoring a balance of occupational and/or life roles for the individual.
The post holder will have the opportunity to plan, develop and evaluate the OT service within the team, holding responsibility for defined projects. The post holder will play a key role in the development of the service, by assisting the leadership team in day-to-day operations, organising, leading, teaching, supervising and supporting junior colleagues.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Park House Hospital is a mental health unit which provides inpatient care to services users with acute and complex mental health needs
- To work with patients in the adult in-patient service which includes the Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit.
- The post holder will work proactively as a senior member of a multidisciplinary team on the acute inpatient wards for clients with complex mental and physical health needs providing an Occupational Therapy service.
- The post holder will work with the multidisciplinary team to create and maintain an environment that supports social participation, health promotion and inclusion, with access to resources and facilities required to achieve this. This will include identifying and developing links with other agencies.
- The post holder will use evidence based Occupational Therapy and recovery principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions in line with the relevant care pathway.
- Specific to assessment the post holder will utilise evidence-based assessment tools to establish baseline functional assessment which will determine ongoing care and treatment to enable optimal functioning and to plan safe discharge from the acute environment.
- The post holder will creatively identify and support the development and delivery of both therapeutic individual and group interventions to facilitate recovery.
- The post holder will provide clinical and/or line management supervision for delegated designated staff members.
- The post holder will participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the Occupational Therapy service within acute inpatient care, holding responsibility for defined projects when appropriate.
- To provide clinical, professional and managerial leadership for junior staff within the service and be a positive role model.
- The post holder will regularly supervise Occupational Therapy students on practice placements.
- The post holder will abide by the Royal College of Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and the Royal College of Occupational Therapy Professional Standards for OT Practice.
See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Education Essential
- Degree (Bsc/Msc) qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Further post graduation training in Occupational Therapy/Occupational Therapy concepts
- Previous experience of working within mental health settings
- Experience of supervising junior staff / student educator experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.