Hampshire CAMHS has a strong and on-going commitment to providing Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy for Children, Young people and Families. We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist to join us in our Eastleigh team.
Psychotherapy is a highly valued and protected part of the Psychological Therapies service which includes Arts and Creative Therapies, Family Systemic Psychotherapy and our Specialist Children in Care team. We are looking for a creative and motivated child psychotherapist who is committed to our CAP values and core principles in offering and developing psychotherapy within our established and evolving teams.
Main duties of the job
Your unique and specialist skills, training and experience will support Psychotherapy specialist assessments and interventions for children and young people and their families with mental health problems, including young people with developmental & complex trauma, diverse needs, children in need and looked after children and young people, parents and carers.
Opportunities to contribute to innovations and development are strongly advocated within CAP and our service. We encourage leadership at all levels including space to offer supervision, consultation and observe practice. In this way we support teams and multi-professional colleagues and referrers in working collaboratively across a variety of external agencies. We welcome flexibility, forward thinking & your contribution to team culture and processes. This includes CAMHS risk assessments, care plans, individual and group interventions and reflective practice.
The successful psychotherapist will be fully supported by our new to CAMHS training, Consultant Therapies and Clinical CAP leadership and our team of child and adolescent psychotherapists. We value our time to think together, to share learning experiences, theoretical practice and work together on new models of care and development. The Trust provides a supervision package combining individual, management and clinical supervision, continuing professional development and regular group psychotherapy meetings.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will have a core qualification in clinical Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and experience in child and adolescent mental health. You will be registered or registerable with ACP.
The post is offered at:
- Basingstoke band 7 - 22.5 hours
For more information please contact Dora GOUVEIA-SCHOFIELD, team manager on 0300 304 0625 to discuss the post further or
Dr Sarie Hodgson, Clinical Lead for Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy/Consultant lead for Psychological Therapies.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Recognized postgraduate level training in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy conferring eligibility for full membership of the Association of Child Psychotherapists.
- Professionally registered with the Association of Child Psychotherapists
- Evidence of relevant continuing professional development.
- At least 4 years experience of delivering specialist psychoanalytic psychotherapy (assessment, formulation and treatment) maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- A high level of competence in applying a child psychotherapy to complex difficulties and a proven track record of delivering positive outcomes in this therapy
- Substantial experience in mental health gained during and/or after child psychotherapy training.
- Experience of offering teaching, training and supervision within a demanding organisational context.
- A high level specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychoanalytic psychotherapy, as applied to the client group using this service.
- Experience of the application of child psychotherapy in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.