We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated practitioner with demonstrable clinical skills in mental health to apply for the role of Team Lead (Band7) in Grays. The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the clinical teams, providing leadership, supporting staff and working collaboratively with medical colleagues, Allied Health Professionals, Social Work Practitioners and the Team Manager to deliver high quality and safe care.
Main duties of the job
To apply you must
- Have experience of working in various Mental Health roles including Community.
- Have experience at Band 6 level or above
- Be able to work independently and using own initiative
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be an excellent communicator and team player
- Be willing to learn
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good IT skills
- Experience of leading teams would be an advantage.
The post holder will be supported by the Team Manager and will work closely with Community and Inpatient Mental Health Services as well as third sector agencies. This post requires the post holder to travel to various locations within the Trust. If you are highly motivated and committed, with a strong desire to succeed and help to continue to develop a recovery focused service then you could be the person we are looking for.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
To co-ordinate and Lead team functioning with particular focus on:- Allocation of referrals including delivery of care Performance monitoring and management Line management and supervision of staffThe post holder will work in collaboration with the Team Manager to ensure the highest standards of practice and service delivery.The post holder will contribute to facilitating any future transformation of Community Mental Health Services in line with the South Essex Mental Health Strategy.The post holder will manage colleagues from Nursing and AHP backgrounds, ensuring that the needs of patients are met through the effective deployment of these staff. The Team Lead will professionally supervise the Nursing staff in the team and will also maintain a clinical leadership role.The Team Lead may on occasion deputise for the Team Manager in their absence.
Person Specification Education/Qualification/Knowledge Essential
- RMN qualified
- Knowledge of Safeguarding issues and child protection requirements/legislation and how these apply to the role
- In-depth knowledge of community mental health services
- In depth knowledge of wider policy and service issues relating to mental health
Skills and Experience Essential
- Experience of ensuring that the values including Care, Compassion, Competence, communication, Courage and Commitment are adhered to daily, and any matters of concern are raised with the relevant Line Manager or through the necessary processes within the Trust.
- Experience of leading teams
- Experience in of working closely and developing relationships with senior medical nursing social and clinical staff
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of Staff Management
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.