We help people of all ages live their lives to their full potential by supporting them to keep mentally and physically well.
Main duties of the job
Support the Resuscitation Officer in the delivery of a comprehensive resuscitation training and Audit as required by HPFT's Resuscitation Sub Committee.
Support and monitor the progress of the training programmes, including the provision of support in improving the learning programmes.
To Support the Resuscitation Officer and trainers with the delivery of training as required.
To maintain clinical competencies and be able to work in the clinical environment if required.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...
Job description Job responsibilities Job Summary:
Support the Resuscitation Officer in the delivery of a comprehensive resuscitation training and Audit as required by HPFTs Resuscitation Sub Committee. Support and monitor the progress of the training programmes, including the provision of support in improving the learning programmes. To Support the Resuscitation Officer and trainers with the delivery of training as required. To maintain clinical competencies and be able to work in the clinical environment if required.This section should also include:All staff should comply with the Trusts Anti-Discriminatory Statement, Employee Charter, Trust Policies and Procedures, Code of Conduct and Equality and Diversity.
Person Specification Qualifications/ Education and Training Essential
- NMC Registered Nurse or Registered Paramedic
- Has successfully completed NMC Approved Teaching and Assessing or Practice Assessor programme or equivalent or a professional teaching / assessment qualification eg Cert ed or equivalent
- Demonstration of current and continuous professional development (CPD)
- Willingness to undertake additional educational and practical training courses.
- Breadth of competency and experience in core clinical skills and resuscitation
- Must be willing to Teach all aspects of Resuscitation Training
- Mentorship Qualification
- Willingness to learn and use Trust databases and input data onto departmental databases to maintain accurate statistics.
- Aware of Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines and HPFT Resuscitation Policies and Procedures
- Immediate Life Support (ILS) certificate or willing to undertake qualification
- Experience of attending Medical Emergencies and Cardiac Arrest as part of the initial clinical area / ward Team
- Advanced Life Support Certificate or must be prepared to undertake
Previous Experience Essential
- Suitable relevant post registration experience
- Experience of monitoring / assessing staff against competency criteria
- Have experience in supporting learners in the workplace and supervising their progress and / or assessing their practice.
- Knowledge of audit and research
- Has successfully completed NMC Approved Teaching and Assessing or Practice Assessor programme or equivalent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.