We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced clinician to join our CAMHS eating Disorder Service as a Team Manager, this is a fixed term post for 12 months and is an ideal opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
Our Eating Disorder Services are undergoing significant transformation and this role will be pivotal in this process. The post holder will also work alongside our CIOT team.
Bristol and South Gloucestershire CAMHS is undergoing transformation; is a CYP-IAPT service and has recently joined the iThrive programme . This is an exciting time to join our forward thinking team as we begin to implement new ways of working.
The post holder should be passionate about working within diverse communities andbe keen to develop an awareness of local community organisations and services that support the wellbeing of all families.
Main duties of the job
Working in partnership with the Clinical Lead and senior leadership team the post holder will ensure excellent clinical standards are maintained within the team, and ensure the best use of available resources by delivering positive outcomes for individual service users and their families. The post holder will manage, direct and lead a recovery orientated, multi-disciplinary integrated team in a community mental health setting, following Trust and national service models for the provision of mental health care in line with defined practice and to evidence this through defined performance measures.
The post holder will provide day to day management of the Eating Disorder Home treatment team with the support of the Clinical Lead . There will also be direct clinical work involved and the opportunity to contribute to wider service development.
Our service is committed to the CYP-IAPT participation pledges and our young people are:
- Supporting commissioners to know how we need services to develop
- Support the recruitment processes by participating on interview panels
- Helping with the induction of new colleagues
- Supporting the staff appraisal processes
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.
Job description Job responsibilities
Managing staff, line management, annual leave, managing sickness, responding to complaints, allocating resources and monitoring activity and performance.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Appropriate professional qualification
- Post-registration training in leadership/management
- Post-registration qualification in a specific therapeutic modality. Specific to eveidence based intervention with children and young people.
- Significant post-registration experience working in a secondary mental health or social care environment
- Experience of working directly with children, young people or families
- Experience of offering advise/consultation to other professionals
- Experience in a similar role or some experience of leading/managing services.
- Experience of working with people experiencing significant trauma/serious mental health difficulties
- Good knowledge/understanding of safeguarding/child protection procedures.
- Experience of providing supervision clinical/managerial.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.