Job Tittle: Qualified (EMHP) Education Mental Health Practitioner
Band: Band 5
Job Type: MHST (Mental Health Support Teams Hull)
Hours: 37.5hrs full time (Monday to Saturday 8am till 8pm inclusive)
Service: Mental Health in schools and the community Are you passionate about working with children and young people? Do you have a real passion for education, social, emotional and the mental wellbeing needs of our young people? Do you want to make a real difference? We are looking to recruit the right qualified EMHP to be part of our Mental Health Support Teams in Hull . The teams work directly into schools and colleges with children and young people between the ages of 5 to 18. The teams support schools and the wider system and have a particular focus on whole school approach, advice, support, guidance and consultation. The teams also deliver targeted low intensity CBT informed based 1:1 and group sessions, parent led workshops and creative based interventions to support mild to moderate social, emotional and mental health needs.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate with appropriate supervision, will work as an autonomous and responsible practitioner as their training affords and within the scope of their local job description, to engage in.
- Delivering evidence-based intervention for children and young people in education setting with mild to moderate mental health problems
- Helping children and young people within these settings who present with more severe problems to rapidly access more specialist services
- Supporting and facilitating staff in education settings to identify and where appropriate manage issues related to mental health and wellbeing
- Working with and within education environments to afford better access to specialist mental health services, and use the acquired skills, knowledge and abilities to deliver a service based within education settings that builds on and reinforces but does not replace those initiatives that already exist within these environments.
- Mentor trainees and offer Peer to peer support to other qualified EMHP's
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale and Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of our patients and service users.
To find out more about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our Trust website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives every day. We're extremely proud of our Trust community and we know you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development to ensure the delivery of high quality, person-centred and compassionate care to patients. We value our staff and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills and competencies to deliver outstanding care.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information with regards to this vacancy please see the attached job description and person spec.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Successful completion of the HEE commissioned 1yr Post Graduate Certificate 'Education Mental Health Practitioner' course. Knowledge of educational environments. Knowledge of safeguarding issues.Knowledge of capacity and consent issues including Gillick competence
- A further relevant degree qualification
- Teaching qualification
- Youth Mental Health First Aid trained
- Knowledge of the functional operation of specialist CAMHS teams
- Experience of working with children and young people, their families and others. Experience of working and liaising with a wide variety of agencies and stakeholders
- Experience of working with children and their families in a healthcare setting
- Experience of working with children and their families in an education setting
skills and competency Essential
- Ability to carry out 1:1 therapeutic mental health interventions with children. Ability to carry out 1:1 therapeutic mental health interventions with families. Ability to conduct group parenting programmes.Ability to work within educational settings to increase mental health awareness within the staff group
- Ability to teach others about mental health issues
- Ability to conduct other group therapeutic interventions with children and their families
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.