The maternal wellbeing team is an established part of Sandwell healthy minds and works to support women and their families affected by perinatal mental health difficulties.
The team offered counselling to people affected by pregnancy, birth, birth trauma, pre and postnatal depression as well as loss of a baby.
Client are also offered support if they are at increased risk of postnatal depression due to previous diagnosis.
The successful candidate will be required to complete and pass IAPT approved training course.
Main duties of the job
To provide counselling to clients referred to Sandwell IAPT, within a brief framework. Counselling will be carried out in community venues. To offer evening appointments in line with service need. To offer telephone assessments to clients referred into the .
The work with clients to improve their mental health by providing counselling. Outcomes will be measured using IAPT measures, indicating when clients have moved to recovery.
To maintain up to date clear client records and case notes in line with the policies of Sandwell IAPT, and the Black Country Partnership Foundation NHS Trust (BCPFT).
To meet the service KPIs of moving 50% of clients to recovery on IAPT outcome measures.
We are a major provider of mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages in the Black Country. We also provide children's community services within Dudley.
- Mental health services to people of all ages in Sandwell and Wolverhampton.
- Specialist learning disability services in Walsall, Sandwell, Wolverhampton and Dudley
- Community healthcare services for children, young people and families in Dudley
There are over 2000 staff working in our Trust. Our workforce carries out a wide range of roles, working together to provide integrated care and support to all those using our services. Examples of roles in the Trust include:
- Nurses (Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Specialist Children's)
- Healthcare support workers
- Health Visitors and Nursery Nurses
- Family Nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language therapists
- Psychological professionals
Support corporate staff roles include:
- Human resources
- Clinical Governance
- Management Roles
Job description Job responsibilities
Assessment of clients referred into the service.
Providing 1:1 therapy interventions.
Work towards establishing group therapy sessions.
Support the team development
Engage in clinical and managerial supervision.
Promote the team as well as the wider service to the local community of Sandwell.
Establish good working relationships with external agencies.
Applicant must be a member of professional body e.g NMC, BABCP.
Person Specification essential and desirable. Essential
- Counselling qualification level 5 or equivalent therapy qualification or nursing degree
- A minimum of 300 hours supervised counselling/nursing/therapy in a voluntary or statutory organisation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of risk assessment skills and risk assessment experience.
- Evidence of ability to complete thorough assessment of clients needs
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Experience working within mental health services supporting clients needs.
- Experience working with IAPT service
- Experience of running groups
- Experience signposting
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.