An exciting position has arisen in Mid Cornwall for an enthusiastic and motivated Cardiac Rehabilitation Physiotherapist Specialist or Cardiac Rehabilitation Exercise Specialist.The successful candidate will have the experience, clinical knowledge and skills, communication and people skills required to enjoy working as an effective member of our multidisciplinary team.This post holder will be required to deliver formal cardiac rehabilitation exercise and lifestyle programmes in a variety of community settings and modes of delivery to all risk stratifications of patients with cardiac diagnoses and co-morbidities.For a small cohort of patients, you will have the opportunity to deliver cardiac rehabilitation on a one-to-one basis in patients' homes and clinic settings.Part time 30 hours per week. A car driver is essential for the post.
Main duties of the job
To deliver and develop high quality cardiac rehabilitation exercise programmes for patients with a wide range of cardiovascular conditions through formal cardiac rehabilitation exercise classes, home-based, online classes and clinic-based exercise programmes, working in a variety of settings including community hospitals, leisure centres and other community venues and patients' homes.
Deliver and develop cardiac rehabilitation exercise programmes in collaboration with the multidisciplinary community cardiac team.
As an autonomous practitioner hold responsibility for a given caseload of patients within a defined area of the community cardiac service.
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 532,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications and Relevant Experience Essential
- BSc Hons Degree Physiotherapy and experience and training in specialist area of Cardiac Rehabilitation and HCPC registered or Relevant Sports Science Degree and experience and training in specialist area of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Membership of relevant professional body i.e. Chartered society of Physiotherapy or British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Membership of special interest group e g. Association of Chartered Physiotherapist in Cardiac Rehabilitation. The British Association of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation
- IELTS unless qualification taken in English
- Leading and delivering Cardiac Rehabilitation exercise programmes in healthcare settings
- Highly developed clinical skills in delivering cardiac rehabilitation to patients with complex cardiac conditions including those with co-morbidities
- Client centred approach to patient care
- Participation in research/audit
- Working in a multidisciplinary team and an understanding of other roles and responsibilities
- Working as an autonomous practitioner
- Presenting and teaching
Skills and Apptitude Essential
- Highly developed clinical skills in cardiac rehabilitation exercise prescription
- Ability to undertake research and audit and integrate into service developments
- Highly developed analytical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver shared team, service and Organisational goals and outcome measures
- Client centred approach to care
- Reflective practitioner with portfolio to support this
- IT Skills
- Good presentation and teaching skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Knowledge and Abilities Essential
- Highly developed knowledge of exercise prescription for patients with cardiac conditions including those with complex presentations including co-morbidities
- Ability to manage risks associated with unsupervised/lone working
- Ability to problem solve and act proactively
- Knowledge of National and local Health Care Agendas and related legislation policies and procedures
Personal Qualities Essential
- Professional role model for the delivery and development of cardiac rehabilitation to achieve the highest standards for the team, the service, the Organisation and patients
- Commitment to own and others personal development through lifelong learning, regular supervision and the giving and receiving of positive feedback
- Flexible and adaptable to changes of work venues and work patterns and at short notice to support service provision
- Effective time management
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.