Are you looking for a new and exciting professional challenge? Are you looking to use your skills and expertise to transform the care experience of some of our most vulnerable young people? Would you like to explore using your voice within networks and teams as well as directly with families? If you have experience of working with different community professionals, ideally in a social care setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team we would love to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative CAMHS practitioner from a Clinical/Counselling Psychology/Systemic Psychotherapy/Child Psychotherapy/Clinical Nurse Specialist/Social Worker background, with CAMHS experience to come and work in the socially and ethnically diverse borough of Newham. Applicants who have experience and appreciation of some of the richness and complexities of working inter-culturally are welcomed.
Please contact Gemma.Cheney@nhs.net with any queries related to this post, please also take time to watch this video link from our service users and their families.
Job description Job responsibilities
This post is part of Newham CAMHS embedded clinical provision in Social Care; providing specialist input to Fostering and Adoption team and receives MDT support from the CAMHS Children in Care team. This post will include the provision of specialist CAMHS advice/consultation and mental health assessment, specialised clinical interventions and liaison with other agencies.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- A professional qualification in Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Family and Systemic Psychotherapy, Child Psychotherapy or Nursing and Registration ( See JD)
- Substantial experience in relevant profession at Band 7 or 8a
- Substantial experience in delivering specialist level mental health interventions in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Substantial experience in CAMHS
- Substantial experience of working with children with challenging behaviour, their families and wider networks
- Substantial experience of working with a wide variety of patient/client groups across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- Substantial experience of working with children, young people and families in emotional crisis
- Experience of teaching and training
- Experience of working with families in severe crisis
- Experience of Providing Community Mental health Approaches in CAMHS
- Experience of group work
- Experience of working in Local Authority and/or other partner agencies (Schools, Voluntary Sector) as a CAMHS Practitioner
- Highly specialist skills in the use of complex methods of CAMHS assessment and treatment of individuals, couples, families and groups, frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration
- A highly specialist level of clinical skill
- Highly specialist skills in applying theory to work with individuals, couples, families, groups and organisations
- A highly specialist level of ability to provide services in the complex community environment, to meet the needs of clients and families
- Ability to communicate distressing and unwelcome information to children, adolescents and their families
- Ability to deal sensitively with stressful situations including:- ostaff and /or organisational problems ochild abuse ofamily breakdown oserious mental ill health and risk of self-harm
- Ability to teach basic CAMHS concepts
- IT skills
- Ability to work flexibly across service boundaries and CAMHS Tiers
- Masters or Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology consistent with and relevant to CAMHS practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by professional guidelines
- Knowledge of child development/ mental health issues
- Knowledge of current development in CAMHS
- Acquaintance with parenting literature
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.