EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact email@example.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Community Mental Health Nurse position within the Mid-Home First Team, based in Chelmsford. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about community mental health. The post holder will join an evolving team, and will be jointly responsible for the delivery of a high standard community care, forming part of a coordinated plan of home treatment to Service Users predominantly within their own homes.
Main duties of the job
We provide intensive home support to service users aged 18 and over, through a range of referral routes, which include work with our community teams; liaison services and partner organisations to provide a range of support options for people experiencing mental health crisis.
The service 'gate keeps' all admissions to acute mental health wards, we endeavour to provide care in the least restrictive manner by offering an alternative to hospital admission through intensive home treatment. Where required, the team support planned admission to wards and facilitates timely discharge from inpatient care, working closely with wards to identify patients who could be better supported in their communities.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
We are seeking Community Mental Health Nurse to join our team of Consultant Psychiatrists, Junior Doctors, Nurses, and Support Workers providing rapid response for adults who are experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis
Suitable applicants will:
- be a qualified RMN .
- have experience of working with people with mental health problems in an acute health care/community setting;
- be required to assess, the needs of individuals when they are acutely unwell as an integral part of the care delivered by Mid Home First;
- act as gatekeeper to all psychiatric admissions and support and manage patient flow through the urgent care system;
- have the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, be reliable and motivated;
- be able to demonstrate high functioning in risk management;
- in collaboration with the Clinical Lead/ Matron, monitor and lead improvements to standards of care though, supervision of practice, clinical audit, evidenced based practice, teaching and supporting professional colleagues and the provision of skilled professional leadership;
- be a compassionate, person-centred individual who is hard working and can be flexible in their approach to helping service users experiencing a mental health crisis;
- be committed to delivery of mental health care in the least restrictive environment;
- hold full UK driving license with access to a vehicle for business use. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.
The above is inclusive, but not an exhaustive list of requirements
Appointed applicants will have access to clinical and managerial supervision, career development opportunities, enhancement for any unsocial hours of working.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Essential
- Professional Qualification (OT, Social Work, RMN)
- Educated to Degree Level in Health
- Allied Health & Mental Health Practitioner
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.