An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Inpatient Mental Health Service for a band 6 Occupational Therapists
within Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust - Dudley and Walsall legacy. We are committed to offering our staff development prospects, therefore opportunities may raise to move between both Dudley and Walsall bases, with an expectation of flexibility to respond to service needs, which may include pan site cover. Post is within older adults (65 years +) inpatient services in Dudley.
Main duties of the job
- They will implement evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate specialist interventions in addition to participate in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy Services.
- Participate in therapy hub group program utilizing a range of psychoeducational interventions, such as anxiety management, distress tolerance and recovery focused groups that will feed into recovery focused care planning.
- The successful applicant will need to be an enthusiastic and committed individual who will be part of a wider team, including other Occupational Therapists and members of an Multi-Disciplinary Team within an- Inpatients Therapy Hub.
- The candidate will need to be flexible in service provision/cross site cover on different wards when required and support the team pan trust.
- The post holder will have responsibility for a caseload of clients including those with complex needs and will need to provide Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment interventions to adults/older adults within a hospital setting.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate robust OT clinical skills and knowledge of working mental health settings.
- The applicant will provided supervision of junior staff members including facilitation of practice educator for further Occupational Therapy Students.
- Regular Management Supervision, Clinical Supervision and Peer Support Sessions.
- Regular Reflective Practice.
- Opportunities to explore external training in relation to desired interests with a commitment to enhancing your professional development, including leadership opportunities.
- Commitment to support in the development of your clinical skills including knowledge/skills within mental health specific interventions and group work.
- Other work related development opportunities.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To manage a caseload of people with mental health difficulties using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions on the acute Wards.
- To contribute to discharge planning for individuals by undertaking home visits, phased and graded discharge visits and producing reports which indicate the need for the level of community care provision.
- To provide interventions around enabling patients to self-management there mental health difficulties/symptoms, via the promotion of productive coping strategies.
- To support and contribute to the development of a therapeutic day on the wards and within the therapeutic hub, working in partnership with ward staff to provide a therapeutic programme.
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of OT services within inpatients and also holding responsibility for defined OT projects.
- To supervise OT students on practice placement.
Person Specification essential Essential
- Bsc Occupational Therapy
- two years post qualified experience including older adult
- Practice educator role
- experience within group work
- Experince in using Rio
- Experience in utilising MOHO
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.