We are looking for a confident Senior Nurse with a passion for delivering outstanding care. You'll be working 42 hours a week, making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Sherwood House.Main duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up. Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10 000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
In this role you'll enjoy excellent career prospects while making a real impact on our services users & their families.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Senior Nurse.
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
Senior RMNs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You'll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
If you're passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you! Your Day-to-Day
- You'll be working 42 hours a week at our service Cygnet Sherwood Lodge.
- Lead an allocated team of nurses & support workers to ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members competence
- Supervise junior staff in all aspects of their work and by example, teach and guide them
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Conduct appraisals, audits, interviews & disciplinaries
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programmes of care.
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Experienced RMN with a current Pin number
- Capable to promote & ensure the good reputation of and act as a role model demonstrating a positive attitude towards patients, their families visitors and others.
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support all staff and promote service user independence.
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme & employee discount savings.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the apply now link below
Join us! Cygnet Health Care
has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.