As a new starter into this role, we will offer you a Golden Hello payment of £2,740 (pro rata) and a PICU High Intensity payment of £2000 (pro rata). These will be paid in line with the agreed principles and are subject to normal salary deductions.
An opportunity has arisen for dynamicand motivated staff nurses to join the team at the Willows Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).The Willows is a busy 10 beddedPICU for working age adults experiencing mental health problems with increased associated risks.
The Willows has recently completed a national Quality Improvement project with the Royal College of Psychiatry, as part of a Mental Health Safety Improvement Programme to Reduce Restrictive Practices.Main duties of the job
We are looking for enthusiastic, caring and highly motivated staff nurses to provide high quality care within our service. The posts are full time and feature combinations of shift patterns including early, late and night shifts.
The post requires an individual with strong communication skills who has the ability to workwith a team under the guidance of the ward management team. This role requires someone who can work under pressure and be adaptable.
Applicants must have some experience of working within the mental health setting, be flexible, hardworking and compassionate with a desire to work in a fast pace environment.
You will have access to training and development, annual appraisals and clinical supervision.About us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference?Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Understand current mental health Legislation
- Understand Clinical Risk Assessment
- Understand and utilise care plans and role of named nurse to effectively deliver care to patients
- Ability to function within a team.
- Good oral and written communication
- Ability to develop professional working relationships with a challenging patient group.
- An understanding of the importance of working closely with services users and their family/friends/carers.
- Evidence of good skills in assessment intervention and evaluation of patients nursing care.
- Evidence of ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Evidence an understanding of recovery and the role of this within an acute healthcare setting.
You must be RMN or equivalent, registered with the NMC. You must be able to work flexible hours on a 24hr rota including weekends and bank holidays.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Qualification (Mental Health/Learning Disabilities/General).
- Maintains current registration with the NMC
- Demonstrate continued professional development to maintain professional registration
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and understanding of clinical risk assessments
- Knowledge of the nursing 6 c's
- Awareness of national and local issues impacting of nursing care
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Diplomatic, caring & sympathetic
- Ability to be flexible and handle conflict issues
- Good skills in assessment intervention and evaluation of patients nursing care
- Good written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work to meet the needs to the service (including unsocial hours and bank holidays)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.