Looking for something new & exciting in the NHS? Ever considered Prison healthcare?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mental Health Practitioner to join the Offender Health Directorate working at HMP Fosse Way. HMP Fosse Way is set to open in mid-2023 and is a Category C Resettlement Prison.
HMP Fosse Way will house 1,715 prisoners and focus on the rehabilitation of offenders and their reintegration back into society. It consists of 7 House blocks across 4 floors. There is a dedicated healthcare suite located in the main building with also additional multi use rooms across the establishment including rooms for groups or 1-2-1's.
To provide effective Mental Health services for prisoners, which deliver against required standards, e.g., Key Performance Indicators and Prison Health Performance Quality Indicators and CPA standards
To demonstrate innovative practice whilst maintaining clinical efficacy, enabling the service to compete as provider of choice to local commissioners.Main duties of the job
To take an active role in providing the successful and effective delivery of mental health services within the offender health directorate. To work as a mental health practitioner within a multi-disciplinary team in a prison setting. To provide safe and effective care to patients with complex and enduring mental health problems, including those being managed under the Care Programme Approach (CPA).
To coordinate treatment of mental health, and social care needs from the point of entry into the prison system to transfer of care to on-going providers, so the mental health and social functioning of prisoners is improved.
To provide leadership to junior staff by maintaining professional standards, ensuring adherence to all relevant policies and procedures to ensure the delivery of high quality careAbout us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference?Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The Offender Health Directorate is one of the largest and most successful providers of prison healthcare in the UK. The Directorate provide physical, mental health and substance misuse healthcare services in prisons across the East Midlands, Lincolnshire & Leicestershire.
The Directorate provides healthcare to 9 prisons and a short term holding facility. You are part of a large peer group of 400+ healthcare professionals with access to peer support, supervision and excellent opportunities for learning and development. We also offer services within the Personality Disorder Pathway, including Therapeutic Communities (within prisons), Community and Prison Personality Disorder services and specialist Veteran Services.
We are committed to working in partnership with prison services, national probation service other healthcare providers and our criminal justice system partners to improve health, support justice to reduce re-offending behaviour. The Offender Health Team truly believes it can make a difference to the lives of offenders by offering consistent, high-quality care in primary, mental health and substance misuse services that are equivalent to health services delivered outside of Prison.
If you are an outstanding mental health care professional (social worker , occupational therapist or other allied professions ) who is passionate about providing high quality care for a vulnerable patient group then we want to hear from you.
We expect you entered the healthcare profession as you wanted to have the opportunity to make a difference, a real difference to the lives and lifestyles of those with mental health problems and their families. Mental healthcare at HMP Fosse Way gives you this opportunity to make this difference to a group of people who traditionally have had high psychiatric and social morbidity, who have often neglected their own mental well-being and have faced multiple barriers to accessing appropriate healthcare.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse/learning disability practitioner (OT, Psychology, Social Worker)
- NMC registration in date or suitably skilled / trained / experienced allied health professional with current professional registration.
- Post registration qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Mentor and Assessor
- A genuine interest in working with this client group and in Offender Mental health/ learning disability related issues
- Experience of working in Primary/Secondary Mental Health Services
- Effective case management/care planning skills
- Supervision and appraisal of staff
- Experience of working effectively within a MDT/interagency working
- Forensic and/ or prison/or criminal justice nursing experience
- Experience of care co-ordination
- CPA systems and processes
- An understanding of working with people with Personality Disorders and those who have experienced trauma.
- Knowledge and or experience of the ACCT process.
- Local and National strategies including issues relevant to the criminal justice system
- Good communicator with both verbal and written text.
- Organisational skills to manage and prioritise own work load
- IT skills including Patient Administration Systems (S1)
- Evidence of effective and appropriate documentation
- Ability to engage with and develop a rapport with the client group
- Evidence of working as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Effective problem and decision solving skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.