Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is aGeneral Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor employer.
This appointment is for a full-time substantive Consultant Psychiatrist who will provide lead consultant input to the Care Home Pathway Team and community team for Guildford and Waverley CMHTOP.
Guildford and Waverley CMHTOP receive referrals predominantly from local General Practitioners in line with the current service specification. The service provides assessment and treatment for functional illnesses and an assessment service for all patients aged over and under 65 with memory problems. There is an independent Young Onset Dementia service that works closely with CMHTOP for managing complex cases.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for care home including nursing home referrals in the locality. The post holder will also be responsible for referrals coming from named GP surgeries within in the community and providing advice and guidance service through the newly developed service. Referrals will be a combination of functional and organic conditions.
The consultant will be part of 1:20 Trust wide OA on-all rota.
Clinic and office space provision for the consultant psychiatrist will be at Farnham Road hospital. There is administrative support shared with other team members.
The new Consultant will be employed by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and will work with the care home pathway and Guildford and Waverly community team for Older Persons.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering consultant psychiatric input to patients referred to and accepted for treatment by the CMHTOP in line with the agreed criteria and commissioned care pathways.
- NHS Consultant Grade £84,559 - £114,003/annum + £149 fringe + on-call payments
- GMC Sponsorship
- £15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to £8,000*subject to policy requirements
- Sponsorship for international candidates: up to £3,199
- Upto £2000/year CPD allowance *subject to policy requirements
- NHS Pension: employers contribution14.38% from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car Scheme: tax saving up to £6,000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership
- Generous annual leave
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby.
Job description Job responsibilities
- The post holder will be expected to work effectively with colleagues from other professional disciplines in the team and to deliver services in a way consistent with the Trust policy for the Care Programme Approach. This includes acting as lead professional for those patients under Statement of Care and working with care coordinators for those whose care plans are organised under CPA.
- The post holder is also expected to liaise effectively with the other teams to ensure effective handover of care when patients transfer between teams as part of the patient pathway.
- The post holder is expected to be involved in the strategic development of the service as a whole and to participate in operational and business planning within the CMHTOP alongside senior team colleagues. There are opportunities for clinical leadership at the local primary care interface meetings attended by local CMHTOP consultant colleagues and GP mental health leads.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- - A recognised basic Medical Degree and MRCPsych or equivalent
- - Full Medical Registration (GMC) with a Licence to Practice
- - Approved Clinician Status and approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- - Management qualification or evidence of an interest in developing leadership skills
- - Candidates working at a consultant level and/or having CCT in older adults or dual older adults/working age.
- - Candidates who have completed their higher specialist training and awaiting CCT.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.