An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust as a Consultant Psychiatrist, working in the Assessment and Treatment Service at Cavendish House, Hastings, East Sussex
The post holder will work closely with Senior Managers and other consultants to contribute towards local service development.
Main duties of the job
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident Consultant Psychiatrist to join our professional services. The Consultants will provide quality mental health care and treatment for patients with severe and enduring mental illness. It is expected that the post holder will embrace New Ways of Working in their clinical practice.
You will be based in a friendly team environment and will have your own desk and workspace. You will also have access to a dedicated administrator.
Sussex Partnership provides mental health and learning disability care for all age groups across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority. Other key survey results:
- 70% highlighting flexible working as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying opportunities to show initiative in their roles
In addition to all of the above this post attracts a£5000 Golden Hello
Payment and the opportunity to claimup to £8000 in relocation expenses!
The Trust aims to realise the potential of everyone who uses its services and to enable staff to do a great job. Sussex Partnership has teaching status with close links to Brighton & Sussex Medical School and is developing into one of the country's leading Mental Health Trusts. Working with us offers continued professional development, variety and a rewarding challenge. To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the Job Description for the main duties and responsibilities. Please note the Job Description has been approved by the Royal College
Perhaps you have not decided yet and want to discuss your individual interests in working at Sussex Partnership? Although this job is advertised as a 10 PA post, if you want to discussdifferent working hours or flexible working
please pick up the phone and talk to us! We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how our jobs can work for you.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Basic Medical Training
- Full GMC/UK Registration
- MRC Psych or equivalent
- CST and entry onto the GMC Specialist Register or expected within 6 months
- Section 12 approval and AC approval
- Experience & training in management of people who are severely mentally ill
- Good understanding and knowledge of all aspects of adult psychiatry
- Thorough knowledge of legislation relating to mental health
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Essential
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and with other Agencies
- Demonstrable evidence of effective communication skills
- Evidence of participation in Clinical Audit
Personal Atributes Essential
- Mobility to travel across sites
- Understanding of the principles of equal opportunities in relation to staff & patients
- Proven ability to liaise and maintain a professional relationship with a diverse range of people
- Interest in teaching
- Member of a medical defence
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.