Durham and Chester le Street Community Mental Health Team for Older People are looking to recruit a Senior Community Mental Health Practitioner who will join our friendly and dedicated team. The team is based at Bowes Lyon Unit, Lanchester Road Hospital in Durham.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced practitioner to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the Durham and Chester le Street area of County Durham. As a senior practitioner you will have a genuine interest in collaborative working with older adults experiencing functional and/or organic mental health problems including their Carers and families.
As a registered professional this is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop their leadership and clinical skills within a community setting. As a core member of the team, you will also be responsible for your own caseload, providing assessments, care co-ordination and delivering intervention in the community with people who have complex needs ranging from mild to moderate level of need to severe and enduring level of need and complexity. You will demonstrate excellent assessment skills, interpersonal, and team working skills and be able to work collaboratively with a range of statutory and third sector agencies.
You will have an enthusiastic approach towards your own personal and professional development. In return, you will receive regular appraisal, clinical, management and caseload supervision and will benefit from the support of an experienced and committed multi-disciplinary leadership team, including the Team Manager and the Advanced Practitioners.
The team embraces changes to improve the quality and effectiveness of the service provided and as a senior practitioner you would be expected to demonstrate leadership skills to bring these about. As a Band 6 you will be expected to take on day to day support of the team and offer supervision to other staff and students.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current professional registration with an approved professional body
- Evidence of CPD
- Clinical educator/mentor
- Key skills - Literacy, Numeracy, IT
- Leadership or Management qualification
- Post Grad qualification in relevant area
- Working with people with mental ill health in the community
- Working collaboratively with patients and families
- Providing clinical supervision
- Facilitating students
- Working in an MDT
- Quality improvement acitivities
- Leadership or management experience
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Knowledge of evidence based practice
- Understanding of relevant legislation
- Detailed understanding of safeguarding
- Clinical risk assessment and management
- Work effectively as part of an MDT and care coordinate
- Knowledge of QIS
- Understanding of psychological models of care and treatment
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.